Easy way to integrate C25K into MFP

Options
I've lost my first 10 pounds, and now it's time to get somewhat serious about exercise. I want to use the Couch23K app to start. Is there an easy way to integrate that into MFP or do I need to figure out how many minutes of walking and how many minutes of jogging each run/workout is and enter them separately? Or would using a HRM or Fitbit be easier? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    haven't worked up the courage for that, but my guess is to use a HRM that will give you calories burned over the entire workout.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM for logging my c25k sessions, but if you don't have one, I have seen a lot of people say they just figure the walking minutes and the jogging minutes and log them separately. But yeah, if you've got a HRM or have the means to get one, it's a lot easier!
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    An HRM set up correctly will give a calorie burn, some of the apps will also estimate your burn based on the pace etc.
  • morandanny
    morandanny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I posted the walking minutes and running minutes separately. I will look back and post the splits for the standard C25K program
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I calculated it all together by the time it took me. In the beginnging i averaged out my speed with running and walking (bc i started on a treadmill) and just wrote the workout down in the notes section.
  • morandanny
    morandanny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did not use the app. I used the NHS podcasts, but I believe that the programs and splits are the same. Here is the breakdown by walking and running minutes:

week 1 Walk 20.5 Run 8
    week 2 Walk 20 Run 9
    week 3 Walk 19 Run 9
    week 4 Walk 15.5 Run 16
    week 5 run 1 Walk 16 Run 15
    week 5 run 2 Walk 15 Run 16
    week 5 run 3 Walk 10 Run 20
    week 6 run 1 Walk 16 Run 18
    week 6 run 2 Walk 13 Run 20
    week 6 run 3 Walk 10 Run 22
    week 7 Walk 10 Run 25
    week 8 Walk 10 Run 28
    week 9 Walk 10 Run 30

Most weeks (except 5 and 6) do the same splits for all 3 days.

I hope that this helps
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have an old HRM paired with a simple receiver watch that tells only HR, not programmable for body weight, calories, etc. Not opposed to buying a new one if I really need to, but I just bought a Fitbit to help encourage me to be more active during my regular day so don't want to layout too much more money right now for a fancy HRM.
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    I hope that this helps

Absolutely! Thanks again!
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This thread really helped me with entering the C25K into MFP. Thanks!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit, but if I didn't have it I would use HRM. I am quite satisfied with letting the FitBit track it though. In the notes section of the exercise tab I just make a note of the Week and Day of C25K I did just for my own reference.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The new version of c25k will send your workout data to mfp (it's part of the sharing feature when you finish a run). I tried the share to mfp today for the first time and it uploaded 2 cardio entries one for walking and one for running and how many minutes of each you did and the respective calorie burn. But I did not walk/run at the speeds it said it did.