C25K NSV

Options
jessc4343
jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
While I'd rather be posting a picture of disappearing love handles, I'll settle for last night's NSV.

The bf and I decided to take our three boys for a walk after dinner; I'd spotted some construction equipment around the block and the littlest boy goes fool for anything like that. We saw some rain clouds coming but figured we'd be ok (and we know our boys aren't made of sugar so they would NOT be melting). Boys rode bikes, we walked. We made it to the equipment, snapped a few pics for the littlest's show and tell and then the sky fell out. The big boys zoomed home but little bit (he's only 4) needed someone to stay back with him, and since I'm going for "mother of the year" we kept pace as well as possible which was basically a slow jog.

Y'all. 5ish weeks ago I wouldn't have run (very far) to save my own life. We were about a half mile from home and I jogged all the way home. No robotic woman telling me "you're halfway there" or "only one minute left" for encouragement. Only the rain smothering my vision and the joy of having decided to wear a sports bra. I realize a 1/2 mile isn't far for very, very many - but I felt like I could have backtracked three times and still felt wonderful.

Endorphins are wonderful, and getting fit is even better; those two going hand-in-hand though, is amazeballs :)

DSCF3292.JPG

Replies

• Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    That's a brilliant NSV - being fit for your kids is so important. Forgetting the digger what he'll probably remember is the day he and his mommy ran all the way home in he rain.
  • Brent_J
    Brent_J Posts: 54
    Options
    Fantastic NSV. That's really the reason a lot of us exercise. So we can enjoy life like a normal person. It's just that simple. Great job!
  • jessc4343
    Options
    Thanks! I guess all of us made some good memories last night while playing in the rain!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Thanks for sharing it! It feels great to be able to move when you want to, doesn't it? :bigsmile:
  • jagger27
    jagger27 Posts: 79
    Options
    Awesome story!!! You go girl...I feel like I got my life back when I started running again...sounds like the same is happening for you :)
  • jessc4343
    Options
    Thanks y'all!! Life does feel good when you can move it, move it ;)
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Great job and great story!! And both of you will remember this day for a long time to come!! Keep up the good work. And he is quite the handsome lil guy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!