POOL WORKOUTS? If you dont know how to swim....

Options
Does anyone have a favorite water workout they do? What water workout burns the most calories? I have been doing alot of walking laps and stuff but any fun ideas would be great. Thanks. Oh yes and do you recommend wearing weights in the water or do you think the water gives enough resistance?

Replies

• Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My gym/pool has aqua aerobics and adult swim lessons... Worth enquiring if your local pool has similar classes?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Water gives plenty of resistance. If you want to wear weights, do so.

Water aerobics are fun. Does your area have a public pool that offers these (non-swimming) classes?

If I were you, I'd take swimming lessons! You'll open up a whole world of outdoor activities, and it's great exercise. No time like the present.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    One more thing about weights, though. Never NEVER go to the deep end or to water over your head while wearing any type of weighted device. Don't even walk on the side of the pool near water over your head, in case you slip and fall in.

I've seen several experienced scuba divers die from being weighted in water. It's really dangerous unless you are well trained in the rapid release of these devices.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    One more thing about weights, though. Never NEVER go to the deep end or to water over your head while wearing any type of weighted device. Don't even walk on the side of the pool near water over your head, in case you slip and fall in.

I've seen several experienced scuba divers die from being weighted in water. It's really dangerous unless you are well trained in the rapid release of these devices.
    Thank you! Wasent even thinking about something like that, wake up call thanks again :smile:
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    My gym/pool has aqua aerobics and adult swim lessons... Worth enquiring if your local pool has similar classes?
    Yes it does 2 times a week but i am working at that time. I go late at night and do my thing but looking for ideas to do besides walk.
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks, pliés, kicks, running maybe use some weights made of foam or gloves?
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks, pliés, kicks, running maybe use some weights made of foam or gloves?

Jumping jacks! Brilliant! I am so trying this!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options

Jumping jacks! Brilliant! I am so trying this!
    Me toooo! Thanks!