Wii EA Sports Active

Options
I am thinking about getting a Wii so I can get one of the many work out games but I'm not sure which one to get. I'm thinking the EA Sports one because I've read some reviews that it gives you the best work out and I've seen the new commercials for it with actual people who have lost a lot of weight using it. I just want to make sure its going to be worth the money! Opinions on any of the workout games.....??

Replies

• Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Wii Active is a great workout. I love it. It keeps you motivated with a goal and workout calendar.

However, I do find myself dreading it because you have to use a leg strap and when you wear shorts the leg strap falls off. I hate working out in pants, even yoga pants, but you may be different. That is the ONLY downfall of the game. Everything else is awesome.

It has boxing, tennis, running, strengh training, and after you work out, you KNOW you worked out. It is nothing like Wii Fit. It makes you sweat.

Good luck with deciding. It is definitely worth checking out. Maybe I'm just picky ;)
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oh, and by the way. I am looking into the Biggest Loser game for Wii. Looks so fun.

I have all the workout dvds and love the trainers, they are motivating and helpful and I see huge results with Biggest Loser. The game is only $39.99 so its cheaper than regular games.
  • thicansxy
    Options
    I am also interested in Active, but I do have Golds cardo and biggest loser. Golds cardo is punching. You do sweat your butt off but its more of a guy thing. (I do feel like I could really kick some butt if I had too). You can open up games and closer for you wii. The Biggest Loser you can play with 2 people in the challenges. Everyday you have to do something different or you can make up your own workout.There are workouts ranging from light to advanced. So when you get better you can change it. And once a week you do a challenge and weigh in. They give you way more calories to eat so i dont add mine and dont trust how many calories you burn cause its way way way off. but its fun and you feel like you worked out.

I feel like I was all over the place when writting this, sorry.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's great! I've put together a low impact workout for myself until I get a bit more used to exercising. My wife is doing the 30 day challenge and it really kicks her butt! It's more of a workout that I think even she anticipated.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love the EA Active also because you feel like you've worked out. It gives you a range of exercise for upper and lower body workouts, some cardio and some fun things thrown in too. I just bought EA Active more workouts and I think I like this one better than the first, although the first is good.
    I don't think you would be disappointed if you invested in this.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i wanna try out the active now.

thank you
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I finish my first 6 week challenge on Sunday on EA Active More Workouts. I'm down 10#. I didn't take beginning measurements, but from 1/8 to 1/15 I lost 3 inches off my hips and an inch from around my waist. (I lost 3# this week, too, to get to that 10# lost so far number). I absolutely love it. I'm doing 4 workouts per week, now at medium intensity, and they're between 30-40 minuts long.
    I also love the step aerobics, squash and cardio boxing. Sometimes if the day's workout was more strength than cardio, I'll do 10 minutes of step or a few circuits of squash and boxing.
    I obviously highly recommend it!
  • Tibur86
    Tibur86 Posts: 24
    Options
    I really want this game now!!!!!!! haha
    I went to Best Buy Monday to get the Wii and this game and they were all sold out and said they would hopefully have more in a week. But I'm not going to waite a week, I'm going to go check back tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! :)
  • janeneL
    Options
    We bought the Wii for our kids for Christmas, but I just started using it today with the Active Personal Trainer and my legs are SO SORE!! I have not been to the gym in a few months (cancelled my membership) but I have been doing the elliptical pretty regularly. I was surprised how tired I was about 1/2 way thru, then towards the end I had to force myself to finish it! I am doing the 30 day challenge so I am interested in how it progresses. I had the problem of the leg strap falling off too and I was wearing yoga type pants. Not sure what the trick is to keeping it on.
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of EA Active! I've been doing random workouts on it, and just started the 30 day challenge this week. It's fun, and you really get a good workout on it. After my workout on Wed my bum was so sore it hurt to walk up the stairs, lol. But really, it's great. You can either do one of the pre-made workouts or you can create your own based on what you want to focus on that day (upper body, lower body, cardio, "fun stuff", whatever). It also gives you options for the intensity level as well. If you really want to do the Legs and Lungs workout but think the jump squats will be too hard on your knees, simply tell the game you don't want to do those. The versatility is great! Highly recommended. I haven't tried the second one yet, but I've heard good things about that one too.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I wear shorts, and put the leg strap around my leg, not my shorts. I pull it pretty tightly. It's slipped a few times, but usally I just strap it tighter and I'm good to go. Excercise shorts (spandex maybe?) with a pocket for the nunchuk would be pretty cool. Too bad I'm no seamstress, or I could sew something like that!
  • Tibur86
    Options
    I tried to go out and get one last night but they are still out and won't have any until thursday :( i dont want to waite a week! haha
    i go out for walks a lot in the summer time but it is sooooo cold and icy here that i haven't been able to go out much lately. i'm not a big fan of going to the gym. so, i can't waite to get this game and some of the other fun games the wii has!
  • Tibur86
    Options
    Ok, so I FINALLY got my Wii last night! WOoHoo!! I started the 30 day challenge last night, so I am on day 2. Boy are my legs hurting! lol I was getting frusterated with it at first because some of the exercises weren't regestering and it was saying I wasn't doing them right. But then my boyfriend realized I didn't have the nunchuck in the pocket in the leg wrap correctly. Who knew! It's so fun how they have all the different exercises...I want to go do somemore but I'm so tired! haha They only thing I wish it had was a way to track your food and calories on it (thank goodness for this website!). Does anyone know if the calories it says you burn on there is accurate?
    Oh..and I only had a problem with the leg strap falling off once so I put it up higher and it has worked fine ever since!