Ending the IIFYM Debate

Options
This is all you have to know, seriously folks, jump off the bandwagon of either side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZC_Em6GtjY

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I can't watch the video. What's the jist???
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's an informative video, I recommend you watching it later when you can.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I agree, but good lord! That guy is annoying to listen to.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    WTF is IIFYM anyway? Keep seeing it and I've no clue what it means.... LOL
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    Options
    It's a oil of olay commercial

Adblock+ fail.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    WTF is IIFYM anyway? Keep seeing it and I've no clue what it means.... LOL

If it fits your macros. You can eat anyting you want as long as you meet your carbs, proteins, and fats.

Got it.....thanks :smile:
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Blocked at work, but I've seen other videos of Omar before and they are quite bro tastic
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    Options
    Blocked at work, but I've seen other videos of Omar before and they are quite bro tastic

I agree some are very bro tastic, but not this one. He actually gives a balanced opinion.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing about IIFYM, every diet except a totally ad lib diet fits IIFYM. You can eat all clean foods if you wish, just as long as it fits within your cals and macos. So called junk food has zero to do with IIFYM, although you can fit those into your diet assuming you've met your macros and micros
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    he as a sorta feminine face
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing about IIFYM, every diet except a totally ad lib diet fits IIFYM. You can eat all clean foods if you wish, just as long as it fits within your cals and macos. So called junk food has zero to do with IIFYM, although you can fit those into your diet assuming you've met your macros and micros

the other thing is what your macros are.

a lot of people that dispute it say things like 'massive amounts of waffles with syrup' or 'a whole pizza'

if those things fit your macros.... maybe you dont have your macros defined well..

for example the MFP default macros is very very low in protein. You put your protein and fats inline for a young man trying not to lose muscle while cutting, and you end up eating very little junk in your macros.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Bump to watch later.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    the MFP default macros is very very low in protein. You put your protein and fats inline for a young man trying not to lose muscle while cutting, and you end up eating very little junk in your macros.

I've reset my protein/carb macros and should probably do the same with fiber - it's so low I bust it daily just with my high fiber cereal each morning. Those are my big 4: calories/carbs/protein/fiber... everything else is barely interesting.