Just because I don't condone anothers behaviour

Options
doesn't mean I don't need to keep caring about them. I am back in my right mind these days about others here and the way they are handling their goals etc. I may not agree but I don't think putting them down or writing posts about deleting them as friends or from the site is helping anyone.

I said this once a while back when I first started to get the nutrition thing. How are people going to know the truth (if I even know it for sure which is questionable these days) how do I help them by being mean and writing posts putting them down for their way? If I want them to know the right way (again, if I even know it myself) then I need to be an example, "show" them and be a friend.

Again, I may not condone someone smoking but I don't shut them out of my life. I don't want them to smoke and hurt themselves but I don't see "deleting" them from my life how that will help. It only makes me judge, jury and executioner.

That's how this world is, you have loving people and you have intolerant people. I'd rather have a drinking, smoking, under-eating person in life than one that is intolerant of others so-called imperfections. Like no one has them. "Oh yes, but they are worse then me" some may be thinking. I'd re-think that.

I know many don't know the bible and don't WANT to know the bible but there is a favorite part in there for me, "those of you without sin cast the first stone". Even the pharisees of the bible did not have the courage when their own sins were brought back to their minds.

I for one have never felt better about myself after putting someone else down. I may have thought I would, but I NEVER did. Whatever rows your boat but I do believe what goes around comes around in this world. I speak from experience.

denise

Replies

• julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Denise, I think you were my very first mfp on this site! And probably one of my favorites! I love your convictions and honesty. I can tell you have a beautiful heart. Keep the posts coming friend!!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Ok Jules:) Like I mentioned, I think this is going to be a good day, and it is by choice isn't it, hugs, denise:drinker:
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I know many don't know the bible and don't WANT to know the bible but there is a favorite part in there for me, "those of you without sin cast the first stone". Even the pharisees of the bible did not have the courage when their own sins were brought back to their minds.

Love this!!