vegan cookbooks

Options
heytherestephy
heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
can anyone suggest a really awesome one with easy recipes (read, easy to follow, prepare, not too much prep or obscure ingredients) that is low-cal AND includes a vegan mac and "cheese"

Replies

• nyc4me
    nyc4me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, I have one that covers everything but the last request...it's awesome, easy to follow/prepare, not too many obscure ingredients, low-cal...but it only includes a Mac and Trees recipe (mac & cheese but with broccoli). "Appetite for Reduction" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz (one of my vegan heros!). I haven't made that recipe but I've liked everything that I *have* made from her book (or any of her books!).

Good luck!
    :smile:
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    my local library has 1 copy in stock so i'm going to go and check it out tomorrow :D
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Any cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz! Vegan for a Vengeance is AMAZING as well as Veganomicon, seriously get them, not only do they have awesome recipes but the way she writes them is so funny. She has a cookbook called Appetite For Reduction too which the person above mentioned :) and one which I think is called Vegan Brunch which I had for about two days before my sister stole it, haha. They're the best. I don't bother with any other cookbooks.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    The Vegan Table is a good one. I haven't had anything from there that wasn't really good. Complete with nutritional info too.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Here's what I have...

Color Me Vegan, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

Veganomicon, Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero

Candle 79, Joy Pierson, Ramos and Jorge Pineda

Bravo! Ramses Bravo

----> no recipes for mac and cheese but I am throwing it in anyway --->Wild About Greens, Nava Atlas
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    "Appetite for Reduction" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

This is a great book. And I am pretty sure she's got a mac n cheese in there. I know for sure she's got the vegan cheez.