Body by Vi

Options
Has anyone tried Body by Vi? I just signed up and am curious about how it's worked for other people. I got a few samples of the shakes and really loved the taste and it seemed to keep me full but I've only had 2 so far....waiting on my actual shipment lol. Anyway I thought I'd ask.

Replies

• tradaboie
    tradaboie Posts: 132
    Options
    No thoughts or opinions?
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I LOVED it...tastes great. My fave was 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk, 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (to cut down on sugar but still have chocolate) 1 cup frozen cherries. I didn't stick to it though because it was too expensive for the shake, fruit and milk, plus food for snacks and another meal, plus food for another adult and two toddlers.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    my opinion?....its a short term solution to a life time problem, sure it will work but what happens when you stop drinking your meals and buying shakes?.....you gonna buy those for the rest of your life?

Weight loss is a slow process finding ways to do it quicker is dangerous, unhealthy and probably gonna cause you more lose skin then doing it the right way....not to mention changing your life habbits is cheaper and will last a life time
  • tradaboie
    Options
    Oh yeah trust me I'm not about quick fixes....I've been losing weight over the past 5 years and have lost 70 lbs. I've just hit a plateau I can't seem to get past and wanted to try something different.
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    2 shakes a day gets old fast. But I still drink a few a week for added protein and a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Just lastnight I had a shake with Banana and PB. Was delicious.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah trust me I'm not about quick fixes....I've been losing weight over the past 5 years and have lost 70 lbs. I've just hit a plateau I can't seem to get past and wanted to try something different.
    Okay :).....i hear you plateaus are rough...you can try eating at maintance for a week, or upping your daily cals i know upping mine made fat fall off faster again
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love them. I am hooked on them, they are great for when i want to cut back on eating, or when i have a busy schedule & don't have time to prepare breakfast or dinner.
  • tradaboie
    Options
    Okay :).....i hear you plateaus are rough...you can try eating at maintance for a week, or upping your daily cals i know upping mine made fat fall off faster again

Yeah I've upped calories before and it worked but only a little and I'm stuck again. My friend is a personal trainer and he has high hopes for me with this lol
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi There.
    I started the Body By Vi two shakes a day 40 days ago. The weight has not fallen off of me, its been a healthy, gradual weight loss. To date I have lost 6.5lbs which puts me at 1lb a week loss and from what I understand thats normally recommended. I have loved this product because it is very convient for my schedule. I have always had problems digesting solid food and keeping my energy level up. I would have naps at least once and sometimes twice a day if I could and barely had the energy to make it to the gym for a workout. Since the Body By Vi program my stomach digests well, I dont feel pressure in my stomach and it doesnt hurt. I am also very excited to say I do NOT nap anymore and my workouts are much more productive. My energy level is much better, I feel happier, I sleep better and wake up feeling more refreshed. Never did I think something like this would work but it did. I havent had drastic weight loss like some others who are on the other types of kits but my experience has been great so far.
  • chereec
    Options
    Hi, I started Body By Vi almost a month ago and I have to say I haven't lost any weight. I have gained so much more from them though. I have so much more energy than I had before starting the shakes. The energy that I have gained has helped me to accomplish what I really want which is to workout more.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Good way to lighten your wallet

If you really want a shake you can save a lot of money just buying a protein powder off the internet and take a multi vitamin
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love them!! :) I just have trouble with really figuring out where my cals should be with the shakes.. if i go by their plan, i'm on about 1200 a day.. if i go by some other stuff i've seen on here, i should be at 1700... so.. yea.. but yes, i love the shakes and i love the nutrition from them too!
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    2 shakes a day gets old fast. But I still drink a few a week for added protein and a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Just lastnight I had a shake with Banana and PB. Was delicious.

I did it for a while...no weight loss really, but it did help me to eat cleaner...I lost a few pounds and some inches. Keep in mind, I really don't have much to lose. My daughter tried it and it didn't work at all. Mostly because she didn't totally change her habits.

I loved the flavor and got extremely creative...there are super yummy and still use one occasionally as a protein supplement. Good luck!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    my opinion?....its a short term solution to a life time problem, sure it will work but what happens when you stop drinking your meals and buying shakes?.....you gonna buy those for the rest of your life?

Weight loss is a slow process finding ways to do it quicker is dangerous, unhealthy and probably gonna cause you more lose skin then doing it the right way....not to mention changing your life habbits is cheaper and will last a life time

I couldn't agree more...shakes always seem like temporary fixes!! I know a lot of people are using them; but honestly...its all about a diet and lifestyle change. Slow is always the best way to go!! Build more muscle and don't beat yourself up if one day a week you have a dessert or a regular coke. Why drink a shake when you can have everything you want IN MODERATION :wink:
  • jezzydoll
    Options
    I tried it from Dec 2011 to Feb 2012 (45 days) and lost 12 lbs on 2 shakes a day. I felt great. i went to one shake a day and slowly started gaining back. i quit and gained it all back. i kept working out and eating healthy etc.

I am on it again right now to see how it goes but it just doesnt seem to be working for me. I'm in a rut about it.
  • livinbb
    livinbb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am on them. They changed my life. Not so much the weight, but I ended up with more energy and the nutrients in it helped my hormones balance out. Something the doctors' I had seen over the past 3 years couldn't figure out. They fit into my schedule nicely. I don't enjoy cooking so when the end of the day comes I am more than happy to have a shake rather than cook a big meal, my kids would spend more time arguing with me about eating it, then actually eating it. This way, I get my shake and they get their favorite foods too.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i think stuff like this is fine & works if 1) everything lines up - if you are getting the nutrition you need via the shakes (i often use a protien shake as a meal replacement) and 2) it's a part of a method; not a quick fix. as long as you are adding in some physical activity in addition to it, making healthy changes and prepared to continue the work once your done with the shakes.

now for someone that needs to loose 200 lbs & sees this as the "only" think they need to do, that's ridiculous - there is no "only" thing one needs to do to stay healthy.

I have many friends who have tried it & had success. I perfer to eat my calories ;)
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of the the Body by Vi shakes. I have been using protein shakes for breakfast for about a year now and have tried alot of different brands and the taste of Body by Vi is by far one of the best. I started using Body by Vi because I am on a plateau and they did not help me at all. I stayed with it for almost 60 days before I admitted defeat! Good luck to you!
  • sebrantley25
    Options
    The Vi shakes taste wonderful, once you add a bunch of other stuff to them. Adding other ingredients changes the nutritional values claimed by ViSalus. I am using SixStar Protein Plus ($19) for breakfast replacement for 4 weeks. I've noticed a gain in energy and not a lot of loss in pounds, but I've been starting slowly on my exercise. As my exercise increases in duration and activity, I expect to see the pounds decrease. The SixStar has 30g of protein per scoop and the cost per shake (minus all the additives like fruit, milk, etc) is about 70 cents less than the ViSalus product. From a guy's point of view, whey protein is better than soy protein as soy mimics estrogen when introduced to the body.