Who's ready for Football parties BUT not the food??

Options
So, I am a girl and I love football and beer..... Probably how I got to where I am today! Ha. Anyway, how do you keep yourself from eating all the yummy cheese dips and drinking beer? Suggestions?? It's willpower I know.... these are the things that are hard for me.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So, I am a girl and I love football and beer..... Probably how I got to where I am today! Ha. Anyway, how do you keep yourself from eating all the yummy cheese dips and drinking beer? Suggestions?? It's willpower I know.... these are the things that are hard for me.

Either eat and drink what you want and get on track tomorrow or skip breakfast/lunch so you have more cals for football snacks
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Michalobe Ultra.
    ;)

Just limit what you eat.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ayy...thanks for reminding me!! This is going to be a huge struggle for me as well. Maybe pack your own healthy snacks (though you will probably hear it from the boys, if they're anything like my guy friends), or eat a meal before the game & party starts so you don't feel hungry for the food there.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I stand up/walk around my living room while watching the game. Or I've been known to watch a game while at the gym (no better way to get in an hour of cardio than about 2 quarters of football). Also, I always have bottled Propel in the fridge, something with some taste always helps me.

You could also make it a fun game while you watch your team play such as doing 25 pushups every time they score a TD, 25 jumping jacks for each field goal, something for sacks, etc. Make a fitness game out of it rather than a drinking game.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options

Maybe eat a alittle and then keep hard candies around so you have some flavor in your mouth. It will still be hard but it's an idea!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Opt for the healthy snacks! I'm planning big veggie platters, baked chicken wings with no sauce, pretzels for munchies. You don't have to deprive yourself!
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you!!! I started drinking Miller 64 and we make our own whole wheat pizza. No, this is not perfect, but little changes do help! Plus, when my team is on (GO GIANTS!!) I tend to stand, pace, walk around, and jump around a lot. I have a lot of nervous energy! haha. Enjoy yourself and find alternative, lower calorie treats!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to tailgate away!! I just make sure I get a nice workout in Sunday morning, and I stick to a few light beers, and just have a little taste of everything. Its only once a week...pick your cheat meal per week on that day if you have to. :wink:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Thankfully most of the other girls in my tailgate crew are also health-minded, so we have a few tricks. There is always food prepped in advance. They guys always bring the chips and other bad stuff, but we have learned how to have other options ready. Someone always brings a veggie and fruit platter. We scour the interwebs to find lighter versions of bbq favorites. Fajitas are a good option. They are delicious, and so long as you skip the sour cream and copious cheese, they fit in just fine. As far as alcohol, well, we can't get around those calories. Some of the girls prefer to bring vodka/soda instead of beer, but you do tend to get overly drunk that way (not easy to play flipcup with real cocktails).

I always make sure to work out before the tailgate or the day's festivities.
  • corrinek81
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! All good tips and tricks! I think I will need about a 5 mile walk. haha. I just have to find the low cal beer. I think that will really be my downfall. I have been really good about keeping my fingers out of unhealthy snacks and have figured out that if i really want something I just cut the calories back the rest of the day to have a little cheat on something. I love the idea of bringing fruit or veggie trays.... I am DOING that!