AlCoHol

Options
Alright I'm sure this have been posted many times, but I am too lazy to go through everything and find it soooo I thought I'd be that annoying person and ask again :)

First off I do not drink often. I spent days doing that in high school and college, so in order for me to feel under the influence it only takes 3 drinks. It is my friends birthday on Saturday and we are all headed to this country bar and I would like to be like everyone else and get a little silly. So I pose the question to what drinks are going to be the better choice?

I will let you know I am a bud light beer girl, I hate Barcardi or everything to this flavor, I will drink vodka and captian, but I love Martinis and Margaritas. I like to stick to beer though.... Oh and I don't like that 64 cal stuff. yuck. So any suggestions? besides don't drink? because we all know I'm not going to do that ;)

and don't worry i will keep the drunken munchies under control and do have plans to go to step tomorrow and run in the afternoon so I should have calories left over... well hopefully, I might also have to many drinks, be over my calories and have too big of a headache to workout the next day. ha. just saying it could happen.

ok thanks all!!!

Replies

• Lynnlin
    Lynnlin Posts: 16
    Options
    Me personally, I would go out and have a good time. It is not like you go out every night to go out and drink. Just be conscious of the amount of drinks you are doing, and throw more exercise into the mix during the week.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I always go for a beer on tap (like blue moon) or a vodka tonic with a splash of lime. Least amount of damage with flavors that I like. If I had to choose, I would go vodka tonic b/c it can get u the biggest bang for your buck if you know what I mean :bigsmile: Or you could do a vodka cranberry...or vodka and soda water (not sweet enough for me!).

Stay away from wine, daiquiris, l.i.t.s, and margaritas.....but I'm sure you know all that!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I agree. Since yo don't drink all the time, I am a bud light girl myself ;) I would say have 3 beers or so, through in a little extra exercise during the week and call it a good night! Now if you were doing this every weekend or more often then that would be different :)
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Stay away from wine, daiquiris, l.i.t.s, and margaritas.....but I'm sure you know all that!

What are l.i.t.s?
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Take a shot or two. That'll get you buzzed and its less cals than whole drinks.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you like vodka try asking if the bar has diet sprite or diet 7up. Then you're only consuming the calories of the vodka, and it's low carb. A splash of grenadine in it tastes good too.
  • AndreaLee
    AndreaLee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One note about Tonic water. It is 1 gram less in sugar than Cola and has 124 calories per 12 oz. Soda water is a better option if you don't mind the taste.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I always go for a beer on tap (like blue moon) or a vodka tonic with a splash of lime. Least amount of damage with flavors that I like. If I had to choose, I would go vodka tonic b/c it can get u the biggest bang for your buck if you know what I mean :bigsmile: Or you could do a vodka cranberry...or vodka and soda water (not sweet enough for me!).

why wine? it's pretty low in calories and has health benefits? inquiring minds...
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    l.i.t.= long island iced tea :) sooo tasty but sooo bad! I always get diet tonic, guess I should've said that. They don't have it at every bar though, so you have to be careful! The diet kind that I get has splenda in it and it's great!
  • itzabug72
    itzabug72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If your going out and planning on having more than a couple drinks just go out and enjoy drinking but if your that worried what ever you decied to drink mix it with half water have ie. cranberry juice, pop...