Darigold Refuel Protein Milk

Options
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has tried the Darigold Refuel Chocolate drink after working out? Thoughts? I've been drinking it the past three days after exercising (30 mins elliptical high incline level and about 20-25 mins heavy weights low reps - both legs & arms, alternate days).

I'm a bit concerned because of the high sugar content (60 g for a full 16 ounce bottle). I checked their website Q&A and they answered to the sugar content with: "Low fat milk contains naturally occurring sugars as well as nutrients needed for growth and good health like carbohydrates, protein and a small amount of fat. It’s also a good source of essential vitamins and minerals like calcium and vitamins A and D, making it a nutrient rich drink choice for children of all ages.

Darigold Refuel contains some added sugars, in addition to the naturally occurring ones, to flavor the milk and provide more carbohydrates for better recovery. Darigold Refuel contains only 2 1/2 teaspoons of added sugar or 17 grams, in an 8 oz. serving. This small amount of sugar adds about 38 additional calories. Since sugar is what fuels muscles, all the sugars in Darigold Refuel work together to optimize muscle recovery—just what every athlete, no matter what the age, needs and wants!"

I've also heard that choc. milk is really good for rebuilding muscle after workouts. Plus it takes away from my sweet tooth cravings for the day :). Let me know your thoughts! I'm trying to lose weight ~80lbs and tone at the same time, but I know I need to "refuel" after a workout - especially one that involves weight lifting.

Replies

• mavericks15
    mavericks15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sirrys
    sirrys Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mavericks15.

First Refuel comes in Both 16oz and 8oz but it is hard to find the 8oz version (typically brought out for sampling at events). Unless you are putting in a hardcore fitness program all you need to drink is 8oz of your 16oz bottle. Refuel is great in that it has te perfect 3 to 1 carb to protein rations. (There is a science behind it) Refuel was developed originally for athletes or individuals that train aggressively. By cutting the bottle in half you should get what you require post workout.

You are correct. Chocolate milk is better for you in workout recovery than Musclemilk (oil) and Gatorade. It is also Lactose Free. Essentially Refuel is Lactose Free chocolate milk with perfect protein content and a solid vitamin pack.

And by the way. It tastes awesome. Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut-butter.

Also visit: http://darigoldrefuel.com/

Hope this helps.
  • mavericks15
    mavericks15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mavericks15.

First Refuel comes in Both 16oz and 8oz but it is hard to find the 8oz version (typically brought out for sampling at events). Unless you are putting in a hardcore fitness program all you need to drink is 8oz of your 16oz bottle. Refuel is great in that it has te perfect 3 to 1 carb to protein rations. (There is a science behind it) Refuel was developed originally for athletes or individuals that train aggressively. By cutting the bottle in half you should get what you require post workout.

You are correct. Chocolate milk is better for you in workout recovery than Musclemilk (oil) and Gatorade. It is also Lactose Free. Essentially Refuel is Lactose Free chocolate milk with perfect protein content and a solid vitamin pack.

And by the way. It tastes awesome. Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut-butter.

Also visit: http://darigoldrefuel.com/

Hope this helps.

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I will definitely be drinking half the bottle from now on - good idea.