Breast Reductions after reaching your goal weight...

Options
I am strongly considering a breast reduction, once I hit my goal weight. I wear ATLEAST a 38 J and would ike to be a 36 C. I have wanted one for many years. I have suffered from large breasts since I was about 14. I am turning 27 next week. I decided to wait until after children. I have now had my first child and I was hoping to wait until I was done having children, but I am so sick of the issues my breasts cause. They cause pain, embarrassment, wardrobe issues (its hard to find clothes, my breast are always too revealing in most, they pull the material up so the tops are shorter on me, cant wear sleeveless shirts the list goes on and on)....they even cost more! My bras cost me about $50-70, but smaller breasted women can get them for extremely cheaper and much more cute. I was hoping to breastfeed all my children, but even attempting to breastfeed my son was difficult because of the size of my breasts. I know that having a reduction done will lower my chances of being able to breast feed my next child. I am also afraid of my husband and I thinking the scars are far more unattractive than the large breasts (probably unlikely with me) What are your thoughts? Have you had it done? Do you do it before or have your goal weight? Did you wait until you were done having children or would you? How do you feel about the scars vs the size? Please share all that you can :) Oh and if any men are reading this, large breast vs average with scars, which is usually more attractive? And im not speaking of DDS when I say large, I mean f, g, h and so on.

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't concerned much if at all if I were you about the appearance post op, if you're seriously considering getting the surgery. It's more about your health and comfort, I would think. Scars fade! Serious back problems and being miserable from everything else that the extra size / weight causes are more permanent issues. Personally though, I think you should wait until you've reached your goal weight. You might not need a reduction then? Or maybe not as much. I dunno. It's worth waiting to see though, I think. :)
  • crystaltakingcontrol
    Options
    If I do it, I will definitively wait until I reach my goal weight. :) Thanks for replying!
  • crystaltakingcontrol
    Options
    I also want to mention that it is not really my weight that is causing the large breast size. Three years ago I was 142 lbs and wearing a G cup. I have always had extremely large breast and have been under 160 most of my life.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    I'm getting mine in October hopefully. I am still losing, though. However I am in the "guidelines" for my insurance to cover it. One thing you SHOULD know, is that it may cause future problems breastfeeding. I am done having kids, I was a 40DDD and since losing weight have become a 36H. Scarring it just depends on the person. I'd look through plastic surgery providers for your insurance and look at the work they've done (how I picked mine).
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight, I am definitely having a reduction. But where are you buying your bras that you are spending so much? $50 to $70 sheesh! I'm a 44K and I buy mine online for much cheaper than that. Try the Just My Size website. They run regular sales, so if you keep an eye out you can often get the very nice bras for considerable discount. Also check out bare necessities and even Amazon.com, which often has great discounted intimate apparel. But, boy, am I going to be happy when eventually I can walk into a "normal" store and buy a bra off the rack!
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight, I am definitely having a reduction. But where are you buying your bras that you are spending so much? $50 to $70 sheesh! I'm a 44K and I buy mine online for much cheaper than that. Try the Just My Size website. They run regular sales, so if you keep an eye out you can often get the very nice bras for considerable discount. Also check out bare necessities and even Amazon.com, which often has great discounted intimate apparel. But, boy, am I going to be happy when eventually I can walk into a "normal" store and buy a bra off the rack!

ditto! I can actually buy a bra in MY SIZE at Lane Bryant, although I'm only a 36, and I usually do the buy 2 get 2 free, I pay sround $80 for 4 bras that are super cute! You know cute bras for big boobs, meaning no black, white, or nude haha
  • sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Had it done a year ago and I have NO regrets! Scars fade, I used Cicacare (Spelling?!) on them and they are hairline thin. Plus they are perky and the hubby loves them! Good luck.
  • 4aFitTina
    Options
    I had a breast reduction at age 18. I went from a 36 G down to a 34 D. I wasn't able to breastfeed and that really sucked, but both my kids are really healthy. The formula that is out now is so close to breastmilk.

I do have scars, and it is the #1 thing I am self-conscious about. My husband says he doesn't even notice them, but I personally think love is just that blind. To me they are awful. They have better ways of doing it now so maybe yours won't be as bad.

On a positive note, I gained a lot of weight with both pregnancies and went up 2 cup sizes. Now that I am losing the weight, it is going away in my chest extremely fast. So YAY! Not having shoulder pain, ugly bras, and cute tops is sooo worth it. And I am sure your husband won't care about scars.
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Had a breast reduction went from a 36DDD to a 36C Def. not a J but being only 5'2" on my frame they were HUGE! I have no regrets. Yeah there are scars, but some of them faded almost totally away and others not so much, but I am still so so happy to have had it done, and OH being able to buy a regular swim suit.... Priceless.