Starting Tuesday after Labor Day Weekend?

Options
Hi,

I really need to get in shape. I am the biggest I have ever been and I have been checking this website, and specially the app, and i think it could REALLY help. I lost a bunch of weight before and it was awesome, but I have gradually gained it all back and then some.

I would like to connect with others that are "starting" seriously using MFP after this Labor Day weekend so we have folks in the same general timeline for support, advice, etc... I am sure there will be setbacks and they are tough to get through without throwing in the towel.

thanks

Alex

Replies

• AliMariesDad
    Options
    Welcome. I have already started, of course, but would love to help and encourage you along the way. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    great, thank you! I sent you a friend request. My goal is to stand on that beach next August and look a lot better!

24 pounds lost! and from "only" 212! good job!
  • MER1982
    MER1982 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi there. I just started again this week. It works if you follow it. Good luck on your journey!
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    thanks! I really think the app will be my lifesaver...I have always been active, it's the INTAKE part that kills me
  • hzari3949
    Options
    Starting Tuesday after labor day. Reactivated my account today and setting myself for success this time around.
    I have the same goal in mind - next august - lots of beach time!

Good luck!
  • jack_
    jack_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in Ceaser!
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    shameless bump
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    If you are really serious about this, I think you should start now and not 'after the labor day weekend'...
    That's how most people don't keep up, because they push it away and then don't want to do it anymore.
    If you want any advice: Start Now!!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There is no time like the present! Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • Bravyn
    Bravyn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. :D
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Start now. Why are you waiting? There's always something around the corner..lbirthdyas, other events, there's no time like now. I never understand why people wait. If you've decided, start today.
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys! Darn, you can already read me like a book! scary :)

I actually am quite serious (doctor's orders) and have done it before (went from 250 to around 190, felt amazing, over 1.5 years or so... so I know I have it in me.

thanks for the wrist slap!
  • pharmtechgrl81
    Options
    Would love to have some friends for support. I myself have started on MFP and then stopped, saying I'll start again after such and such. But I'm ready to go, even with some bumps along the way and any encouragement and good friends, I can stay on this new lifestyle journey :) Feel free to add me guys ~~
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP! I'm not really a newbie here but I started 08/21 again and serious this time! Feel free to add me. Just like you, I can also use some encouragement and gain friends :D
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! The big thing is to stick with it and don't give up. Setbacks will happen as you go along (everyone is allowed a cheat day now and then). The important thing is to get back on track the next day. Log your food (and water intake) and your exercise, and I think you'll be happy with the results!

PS this site/app is very similar to weight watchers, but it breaks down the Protein/Carb/Fat intake for you instead of using "points." And it's FREE! Enjoy!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you are really serious about this, I think you should start now and not 'after the labor day weekend'...
    That's how most people don't keep up, because they push it away and then don't want to do it anymore.
    If you want any advice: Start Now!!

This is so RIGHT and on TARGET!!! Why give yourself an opportunity for future failure. If you want it bad enough...there's no time like the present! You'll be glad you did. A holiday weekend is just giving you another excuse to put it off.
  • eduardoschoen
    Options
    Why wait? :) Good luck meeting your goals. I wish you the very best. Enjoy your weekend and don't overdo the food and other goodies.
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    I just started this week...I too, have lost and gained a zillion times in my life. I was large, even as a child. I would like to make this a permanent change. Best of luck to you!
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, add me if you like. Agreed, start today not on Tuesday. Start logging your food today and drink lot's of water. Take a walk or go to the gym and jump on a cardio machine. You dont have to be perfect but atleast you are making an effort to watch your food intake. It may stop you from eating that extra helping of over portion food or drink a few less beers.
  • sweetpea142
    Options
    Dont wait until a later date, start now. You can start small buy cutting back on your portion sizes and eliminating salt and just work your way up. If you wait, their will be another reason why you will prolong it. Just do it! Good Luck