turkey burgers!?!

Options
mavericks15
mavericks15 Posts: 21 Member
My turkey burgers are a little bit b-o-r-i-n-g... Any ideas for what I should season them with? I'm eating the Jennie O turkey burgers 95/5 (no bread, cheese, etc... just plain). Right now just using pepper to season and dipping it in sriracha.

Replies

• pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like adding kalamata olives & feta cheese for a Greek turkey burger.
    I also like it with tomato slices & goat cheese under the broiler for a minute or 2.

But if you don't like cheese what about some guacamole, salsa or roasted peppers? Lemon pepper seasoning, teriyaki sauce, hamburger seasoning, garlic powder....
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I don't know how open you are in the calorie department but I tried this recipe a while ago that had a spread for turkey burgers. Mix some herb pesto with greek yogurt and voila! :)
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/buffalo-turkey-burgers-with-blue-cheese.html

If you don't want anything quite as elaborate (assuming one serving):

some garlic powder, onion powder, dash of salt and pepper, and 1/4 an egg.
  • tracyburkee
    tracyburkee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love the Jennie O Turkey burgers. I grill mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, and tomatoes with it. I usually eat it with no bread, but lately I've been eating it on a Brownberry Sandwich Thins Multi-Grain (100 calories). It helps make me fuller. I season the burger with chilly powder, mustard, and Frank's RedHot. I also eat asparagus( seasoned with dill weed and Lawry's seasoned salt and a salad.. on the side....Hope this spices it up for you!!! enjoy
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My turkey burgers are a little bit b-o-r-i-n-g... Any ideas for what I should season them with? I'm eating the Jennie O turkey burgers 95/5 (no bread, cheese, etc... just plain). Right now just using pepper to season and dipping it in sriracha.

Pan fry and crumble and use it to make a ragu for pasta
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I also put a bit of Worcestershire Sauce and I make my own Montreal seasoning, less salt, and it tastes delicious!

Has anyone ever tried using the 99% ff ground turkey for burgers? I use it in other things, but thought it might be a bit dry for a burger, anyone know?
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like to turn turkey burgers into chili burgers with a veggie chili option.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the turkey burger. I would rather use leaner ground beef.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the turkey burger. I would rather use leaner ground beef.

I like buffalo. Just don't over cook it.