Does anyone zumba???

Options

Replies

• MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!!! I go three times a week - and i would go crazy with out it! I have seem amazing results. You will master it after sometime. That is when you really burn becuase you can really get into it. I probably look like a lunitic but i dont care. lol
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    moving at all is good :) That's what we try to tell the girls that just start - even if you're not moving like us, you're still moving and that's what counts :)
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    I've been doing zumba for about 2 years now and l love it. You will get all the steps if you keep going! I love it!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for zumba..and I'm one of those people who say go big or go home..so right away wanted to start zumba clothes shopping...UH ? That was a no go. I have to wait until I lose some weight before I can even think about getting my big booty into a size of those pants. .I can't wait for class to start up in 2 weeks. I have known the instructor for a couple of years but this is the first time her "new" class starts when I can actually partake in it. I'm sooooooooo stoked and to hear about all of the success stories...I'm totally stoked! PS..I've got like 2 left feet and the coordination of well....nobody. When I was belly dancing I was kind of left to do my own thing...because everybody was moving to the left..I was going to the right..etc. and there are moves that this 50 year old body just refuses to do anymore (body not brain..brain wants to do it all...bad hip says.."stop it")..but I will do it with a 150% of my brain trying. :)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I've been doing it on and off since April (doing other workouts now), but I'm started to go back to doing Zumba 3-4 times a week. It's a lot of fun, very intimidating at first if you are rhythemless, but if you stick with it you will get the moves down. When that was my only workout I was doing, I was losing a pound a week and burned between 600-800 cal depending on the length of the DVD. I've never been to a class, I just do the DVDs at home. I've always and will always recommend this workout to people.
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    nayy1228 your profile pic is amazing! And probably very true!

HAHA! It is! my instructor says if you leave there looking pretty you aren't working hard enough. ; )
  • salinas87
    Options
    I do twice a week and I love it!
  • ToniZ60
    ToniZ60 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies I just wanted to try something different started noticing thighs getter bigger from spinning (no thank you) Was spinning like 4-5 times a week . I do also watch my diet so I hope the two together is gonna work.
  • PatrissiaLu
    Options
    I zumba four times a week. At first I was so intimidated because I was so uncoordinated and didn't know what the heck I was doing, I'm sure I looked like such a fool! Well, I probably still do, but now I know the moves so I'm a little more coordinated. And I don't feel like I'm going to throw up or die anymore either.. It is a fun workout, but it's still a workout, and you will get tired and sweat, and you will feel like you are exercising. :-)
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    i love ZUMBA!!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have always done spin classes and kickboxing but I just took a zumba class it was alot of fun (really sweat) but I was wondering if anyone has seen good results from zumba. Btw do the steps get easier I feel so spastic!

I love, love, love, LOVE Zumba! Since I started doing it almost every day (I haven't done much this week because my work schedule is CRAZY), I noticed my weight go down and my activity-level increase. I actually can't wait to Zumba! I suck at it, though! I flail more than anything, but I sweat like crazy! I do it for about 40 minutes, and I just feel O.O when I'm done. I enjoy it, though. :)

zumba-how-we-feel-how-we-look.jpg
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I've been doing it since April and I've lost 24 pounds. I wear my HRM and depending on the instructor I typically burn between 500-700+ calories per hour long class. I started with 2-3 times a week and now I go 4-6 days a week. I also have done aqua zumba. It is a great FUN workout.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Zumbaholic here! I do 2 classes a week and also have the Wii version. I'm not sure how much difference it's made to my weight because I changed my whole diet/lifestyle at the same time that I started zumba. One thing I've noticed though is I can get through a whole class now at the same tempo. No more mini jumps and steps for me, now I'm shaking my thang like a pro :smile:
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I haven't been able to take the class in a while due to my schedule change but hope to get back into it. I introduced my work husband to it about three years ago and he has lost so much weight and LOVES IT! I'm trying to convince him to start teaching a class in our office when we move.
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 3 days a week & I love it! When I first started the class it took me a couple of weeks to actually get the hang of it!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I manage to get to live classes about 3 x per week. I wish I could go more.
  • mccutcheonse
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for two months, and I'm totally addicted. I go to four Zumba classes a week--two regular classes, one Aqua Zumba class, and one Zumba Toning class. I love them all! For those interested in a lower impact workout, Aqua Zumba is great. The Zumba website has a great search feature that allows you to search for classes in your area by Zumba type, or even by instructor. I'm even looking forward to the new style, Zumba Sentao when it has a wider availability in my area. I definitely feel more toned and am seeing good results. (I didn't see actual lbs. disappear until I started with MFP last week, though.)
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    **ZUMBA LOVER HERE**

I have the DVD set with the toning sticks, and the 2nd Wii Zumba game......I've found a new zumba instructor very close to home and she's excellent!
  • Chrisswa
    Chrisswa Posts: 71
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba twice a week for over a year and love it !!!! Yes my legs still get tangled but what a great workout and what a great laugh :)
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies I just wanted to try something different started noticing thighs getter bigger from spinning (no thank you) Was spinning like 4-5 times a week . I do also watch my diet so I hope the two together is gonna work.

This is perfect for your hips, thighs, butt and stomach. my butt and thighs have gone down ALOT since i started zumba. It just completely reshapes your body and you are constantly using your core. I like everyone else here think it would be a great thing for you to try :)