What are your thoughts on Kashi?

Options
Anyone eat Kashi products? Are they any good - taste-wise and nutrition?!

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i personally love just about anything they make. i think it may be an acquired taste as the husband said he wasn't eating sticks & stones. my faves are the autumn harvest cereal and the tlc bars (like granola)
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I eat their TLC bars often enough. Some of the stuff seems dry but you grow to like it after a while.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    LIAR%2BLIAR%2BIT%2BWAS%2BME.png
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

yeah, they're pretty high fiber. you should ramp up slowly with them if you're not used to a high fiber diet.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Some of their stuff is good, some of it is a glorified candy bar, so you really have to look at the protein and fiber counts to see if the calories are worth it. Their protein and fiber bars (specifically labeled as both) have probably the best stats I've seen for a prepackaged bar.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    It's not the taste I crave, but I crunch a handful of GoLean as a snack between meals if there is nothing else around to munch on.
  • stacey5971
    Options
    I have eatern the cereal. dont remember what kind, but it was the Kashi Cherrios version. they taste so darned good. i ate 2 bowls. be forwarned, they are full of fiber. i spent alot of time on the toilet that day. but it tasted so good
  • bubbies3
    bubbies3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Kashi TLC Chewy Energy Bar. I was looking for a low calorie energy bar. It's pretty good, but I don't have much else to compare it to. I wish it was a little more chewy though :(
  • JDMRoma
    JDMRoma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love the cereal....Autumn wheat and Heart to Heart are my favorites...Im a cereal person..could have it for supper anytime !!

The bars are good but can be a little high in sugar ! But good though
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Only their cereals are made with non-genetically modified ingredients. http://www.kashi.com/nongmo They were recently hit with a lawsuit because of all their 'natural' branding but heavy use of GMO ingredients.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options

Muhahaha
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    Man I love kashi... I really love thier soft backed bars for a treat. They aren't super sweet and really a better option than some other prepackaged junk.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, that picture says it all :laugh:

If you start eating a lot of it, you're gonna be *really* gassy for awhile. And it will be bad. At least, it was for me. Thankfully, my body seems to have gotten used to the increase in fiber, and I don't have that problem anymore

As for the taste of the food itself, I love it. Even their plain "Kashi Go-Lean" is delicious. Its very filling. Eating it is satisfying, like your eating something with substance. I love love love that it has a good dose of complete protein. Their brownies are good too. I've had thier "Kashi go Lean Berry Crisp" and that was good too, but it did get old after awhile. What I like about the plain "Kashi Go Lean" is that it is low in calories for its weight, and it has a relatively neutral taste, meaning that you can dress it up in A LOT of different flavor profiles. I've added cocoa and strawberries, as well as ground it up to coat chicken tenders in.

My vote is try it :)
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    Taste-wise, yes.
    Nutrition-wise, I'd say no. GMOs = no-nos.

Read this:
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2012-04-29/kashi-natural-claims/54616576/1
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax cereal every morning and I LOVE it.

Its high in fiber and protein so it keeps me full until lunch as opposed to other cereals.

The Toasted Berry Crumble Go Lean is good too, but more calories per cup.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean crunch cereal is very good.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    After a while of not eating sweets, I found the bars too sweet! I finished the box, but didn't really enjoy it. (Guess that's a NSV!)

I do eat the 7-Grain Nugget cereal on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I'll put milk or almond milk on them, and sometimes I'll add 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce to soften them up. I used almond milk this week, and threw it in the microwave for a short time. The result matched the picture another poster shared!

I made a great tabbouleh the other day, using the recipe on the 7-Grain box (substituted the parsley with fresh basil from my garden). Took it to a pot-luck ... and there wasn't any leftovers!

We tried the frozen black bean/mango (chicken?) dinner the other night, when I was too pooped to cook. It was very good, and I was planning to buy it again to keep in the freezer for another tiring day.

I was thinking that Kashi was organic ... I know it was recommended to me by a nutritionist. Now I need to go read about the GMO's ... <sigh> ... I don't want to give up these products!
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: To the "It was meeeee!"

I love Kashi stuff. I'm a big fan of their TLC bars and I love their cinnamon mini wheat cereal.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Taste-wise, yes.
    Nutrition-wise, I'd say no. GMOs = no-nos.

Read this:
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2012-04-29/kashi-natural-claims/54616576/1

I kinda wish I hadn't read this ... it left a poor taste in my mouth for their marketing policy. GMO is NOT "natural."
    Thanks, jodilo88 (I guess!)
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan, about 4hrs after eating their cereal I'm doubled over in agony. The pain isn't worth it, I can get my fiber from other sources.