Disgusted with myself.....:(

Options
Went out with family and friends to Pizza Inn and ate 934 calories over....and that's with my exercise calories....I'm so upset with myself....I've been here for 15 days and for 15 days I've been alittle under my calorie count and NEVER over....I was finally getting that not need to eat all the time feeling and not needing to eat so much feeling and now I feel like I've stretched my stomach back out or whatever!!! Sorry for the vent.....just disappointed in myself!!!!

Replies

• aurablue
    Options
    Don't let one day kill your spirit. I haven't really been at this for very long but I know there will be days when life just runs away with you. Tomorrow is a new day and a chance to start over. I try to push myself a little everyday just in case I have a bad day. Mine happened in the form of deep fried buffalo bites and truthfully I was so disgusted with myself that I doubt I'll fall off the wagon again anytime soon.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    No worries, just get back on the wagon tomorrow! It happens to everyone, you did great for 15 days and 1 day won't end all of that, good luck! Get up and exercise in the morning :bigsmile:

~Leash :heart:
  • ange_mechant
    Options
    I know the feeling. I've been doing pretty good with my calories but the other day I decided to eat 2 pieces of pizza cuz I was short on time and went almost 400 over. I know it's not quite the same but still gives that "I CAN'T believe I just did that!" feeling. Just don't let it frustrate you to the point that you give up. People make mistakes, but at least you know you made the mistake and you know what not to do next time. Good luck, and tomorrow's another chance to be back on track.
  • Wendibee
    Options
    I completely understand! I am pmsing and ate a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from Hardee's this morning! And to top it off, I went to a movie tonight and ate popcorn and candy and washed it all down with a Mr. Pibb! So mad at myself! :cry:
  • gplesniak
    Options
    just be thankful you didnt get so excited with that mcmuffun that you ate your finger...I mean that really happended to me...I was driving home from work and my car magically pulled into sticky bun palace.... I was so excited as I raced to eat that five pound of glory I damned near ate my finger down to the knuckle....I have to say...when your hungry....phalanges are not that bad.
  • cannon15
    cannon15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I slip up, I just think, " I used to eat like that all the time and not even think to feel guilty." So despite one slip up, I'm still making major progress and you are too! Here's to tomorrow!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself...you had 15 great days and one bad one - those are pretty good odds! You will get back on the wagon tomorrow. One bad meal won't undo all of the good you've done for yourself. And you need those splurges every now and then - they keep you sane! On Wednesday my husband and I went to the beach for pizza - they have the best thin crust pizza around, and I was so hungry - I ate 4 slices!! I felt pretty gross too afterwards, but when I weighed myself this morning I still lost 1.5 pounds from one week ago. so have no fear - you will be just fine, don't beat yourself up.

Now go to bed before you can do anymore damage! :laugh:
  • cchildr
    Options
    Let it go....it is the past and tomorrow is a new day. Your body will probably respond favorably with the shake up from a metabolic standpoint. When you look at the big picture, you are doing great. Kim
  • mirandam1076
    Options
    Ditto Cannon15! You gotta think this used to be your everyday eating(I assume)....was/is mine, so 15 to 1 is good stuff girl!
  • SpectreCGR
    Options
    I don't think it's a bad thing to have a "binge" day every once in a while. You seem to be on track. I certainly wouldn't worry about this at all.
  • whitann
    whitann Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm sorry! It happens! You can't be perfect all of the time, no one is! A normal body will slow down weight loss if it has a consistent number of calories a day, BODIES GET BORED, just like your taste buds!

Keep up the good work.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. If i find that i have done this and i have time i work out again that evening. Like today for example i went way over so i hard core cleaned my house and did some steps on the wii fit while i watched a movie. Either that or i work out more the next day. Since your body doesn't run on a 24 hour clock, It might not help as much the next day or it might help more. I don't know i just know it does make me feel better about those "free meals" or the dessert that I just had to have.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way...but we can't dwell on it! Tonight we took the kids to Disney on Ice and had to grab something quick on the way...and of course they begged for McDonald's since we haven't been in a looong time. I told my hubby to get me a grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo. Which he did but he got the meal with large fries!! I just wanted the sandwich, uh! Of course I ate them...they are my one biggest weakness! Feel terrible about it but tomorrow is another day right?!
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouragment!!! It means so much to hear that it'll be ok....today is a new day and I am back on track!!!!! God Bless you all!!!! :smile:
  • tracylea_2003
    Options
    We all have days where we do bad. Just get back at it. You can do it!!!
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    girl, you have been doing so awesome. most of the articles I have read state that everyone needs a cheat day. besides, I am doing a 1200 calorie during the week which actually will allow me to lose and on the weekends I do 1900 calories which just maintains the weight I am- to allow for not so picky eating. keep your chin up! your a beautiful, smart, loving woman and you can do anything especially this task of being healthy!!!!! big hug and muah!
  • augustbells
    Options
    DO NOT beat yourself up over one day. Be proud that you were good for 2 weeks and consider that pizza your treat for being so good. Tomorrow's a new day!
  • MyFamilyRox15
    MyFamilyRox15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouragment!!! It means so much to hear that it'll be ok....today is a new day and I am back on track!!!!! God Bless you all!!!! :smile:
    Hi There!
    Isn't this a great site! I love that a person can post vents, etc.
    This is a challenging road we're on.
    I'll probably be posting some vents!
    I've been here only since last Tuesday.
    I've got a l-o-n-g way to go. I've had my "withdrawal" moments, believe me! :sad:
    This site is an anwer to prayer for me.
    I had given up until a friend at work clued me into this place.
    It's a helpful tool for me trying to get my act together!
    I'm so glad you are back "in the zone"! :smile:
    It feels so good, doesn't it?
    Hang in There!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MyFamilyRox15
    MyFamilyRox15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    girl, you have been doing so awesome. most of the articles I have read state that everyone needs a cheat day. besides, I am doing a 1200 calorie during the week which actually will allow me to lose and on the weekends I do 1900 calories which just maintains the weight I am- to allow for not so picky eating. keep your chin up! your a beautiful, smart, loving woman and you can do anything especially this task of being healthy!!!!! big hug and muah!
    Hey, good point. Good way to look at it. :wink: