Chicken Cutlets

Options
HurricaneElaine
HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
I have defrosted chicken cutlets waiting for me. We have no breadcrumbs, and I don't want to use crackers (too much fat). There's no salsa to top them with, and the spaghetti sauce is frozen. I don't know what to do.

I can thank my mother for this. I wanted to make Coca Cola chicken - mix a cup of ketchup & a can of Diet Coke, pour over bone-in chicken breasts or thighs and bake for an hour. You can't use cutlets. They're too thin.

She also brought home whoopie pies, chocolate cake doughnuts (luckily I don't like them) and all-beef hot dogs (170 cal and 15 g fat per). Thanks a lot, Ma! :grumble:

Replies

• mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    If you have the ingredients (I have not totalled up my points for this so I'm sorry if it's awful):

-can of cream of chicken soup
    -a dash of skim milk
    -1 small can green chiles
    -corn tortillas
    -cheese

If so:

1. Boil or saute your chicken (and then shred or chop it)
    2. Mix the can of soup, milk, chicken, and green chiles together*
    3. Layer tortillas, soup chicken mixture, & cheese in a casserole dish (repeat til full)
    4. Bake @ 350 degrees til cheese is bubbling and food is hot throughout

To mix it up add in any combination of the following:

- corn
    - sauted onions
    - sauted bell peppers
    - chives
    - black beans
    - anything else you want :)
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options
    I have none of these ingredients. Thanks anyway, Mormonmomma.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    OP go to this site, http://www.supercook.com and plop down what ingredients you have in the pantry, fridge etc and happy cooking
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I put a chili lime rub or a cajun rub on mine and stick it in a rotisserie (in the basket) for 20 mins and usually two different veggies with it. If you don't have a rotisserie you can bake them with tin foil covering for 15 mins and 5-10 mins without.
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    my go to for chicken is to marinate it in italian dressing and dijon mustard and grill it. yum yum!
  • lope
    lope Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mix up some eggs... dip & cook in some coconut oil. Yum. Serve with some grean beans & bacon... you are good to go!

I would worry more about the flour & sugar in the cracker than the fat. Fat really gets a bad wrap. Remember the fat we eat isn't the same fat that runs through our veins. Sugar is the 'bad cholesterol' causing problem. It bothers me so much that we've been so misled.

Supper sounds yummy.

Sounds like a talk with ma is in store... don't let her sabotage your wellness.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Brown Rice & Peas?

1.5 cup brown rice
    2/3 of peas
    3.5 ounces shredded chicken
    Salt and Pepper to taste

SOOOO GOOD.

Also - try: http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/5-ingredients-or-less/chicken
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options
    Found this one on your website, airangel! Thank you and everyone else!

1 1/2 lbs chicken cutlets 3/4 teaspoon sea salt 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped 2 teaspoons whole capers lemon slice, for garnish Directions: 1 Season chicken with salt and pepper. 2 Drizzle with 2 tbsp lemon juice. 3 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. 4 Add chicken and mushrooms and cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and until mushrooms are softened. 5 Add remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, parsley and capers and cook for 2 more minutes.

And yes, Ma needs to be reminded what NOT to buy. I shouldn't get mad at her though, she's gonna be 79 in a few weeks, she can't remember everything...
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Elaine...glad you found something. I love that website, very handy when you have ingredients but no ideas.
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump