Options
Ddmck1
Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
Every time I bake it it falls apart.

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I lay some tinfoil down on a pan, preheat the over to 350 degrees and bake it around 15-17 minutes.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    whoops, oven*

but it's very easy and quick to make. mine has never fallen apart..
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I grill it, with garlic and lemon, but it falls apart too ;)

Its delicious, though
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I bake it in aluminum foil w/ seasoning salt & pepper. pretty good but does fall in pieces at times .
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I think it will always fall apart. It's pretty delicate. I just cook mine in a pan stove top with lime juice and a hint of salt.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is not like salmon or other fish that you are accustomed to grill it or so. Grilling a whole tilapia fish is really not a good idea but there are tools out there for grills to cook fish that may assist you if you want to grill it. Never throw it on the grill like that.

In my culture this fish is made many different way. Deep frying the fish is one way to eat it but we are dieting here so that may not be an option. The most healthiest way to eat it is to season it lightly, stuff it with diced tomatoes, and place it in foil. Make sure you rub it wit ha bit of olive oil and sprinkle a good herb such as parsley on it. Close the foil since we are aiming to steam it instead of bake it. Take out after 30-45 min and it will be delicious.

The tilapia fillets are disgusting to me cause they have a weird taste for some reason. Eating the whole fish with the method described above is perfect. If you are eating a cheat meal then deep fry the whole thing!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    bread it with panko and parmesan and stick it in the oven at 350 until cooked through
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i leave it frozen, just wash the ice off of it,
    sprinkle some mrs dash on it, & bake in the oven @ 375 for 8-12 min depending on how big the piece is. (mine usually run from 2-4 ounces)
    **when you leave it in too long, thats when it falls apart.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I always cook it in parchment paper, less likely to fall apart, as long as it's not over cooked

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=108892
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    That only happens when I overcook mine. Maybe adjust your cooking time?
  • Volleysuzy
    Options
    I like to make mines on the grill. Season the Tilapia with kosher salt, peper, fresh garlic, olive oil, little lemon, cilantro. Cover in aluminum foil seal then uncover and its so good! with nice salad and corn on the cob on he side
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I cook mine frozen. Just wash it and put it on a foil lined cookie sheet then spoon some picante sauce on it and bake for 15 minutes or so in a 350 degree oven. It is good cooked on the stove top with lots of different seasonings, but it does tend to fall to pieces easier cooked that way.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Think tilapia's flakey...try grilling crappie.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I think it will always fall apart. It's pretty delicate. I just cook mine in a pan stove top with lime juice and a hint of salt.

This. haha.
  • actbtk80
    actbtk80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I cook it like I do chicken cutlets. Dip in beaten egg, then Italian breadcrumbs and pan fry in small amount of olive oil in nonstick pan. Then I bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Serve with a salad.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Its fish so you have to be gentle with it. I actually just finished eating some. threw a filet in some shake and bake and popped in the oven for about 15 minutes. Threw that over a garden salad and I was good to go!
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I usually bake it in the oven but on the rare occasion that I grill it, I use a Grill Basket.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    use to pan cook mine...now i throw it on my forman imitation (hamilton beach) grill spice it real well and blackin it with the grill its amazing
  • Birddog6424
    Birddog6424 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just throw it on the grill with a little bit of seasoning.

I don't care if it falls apart. That's what spatulas are for. And I'm just going to chew it up anyway.....