Cereal for Breakfast

Options
I love cereal for breakfast. Right now I eat Special K with berries. I'm looking for something that has more fiber. What cereals do you guys eat?

Replies

• rebvl
    rebvl Posts: 5
    Options
    Coach's Oat's with Trader Joe's Gold Roasted Flaxseed and protein.
  • BigTurk
    Options
    I eat cornflakes with skim milk and add some blueberries.
  • katlew82
    Options
    Kashi golean crunch honey almond flax- it's high fiber and high protein... Or instant high fiber oatmeal
  • lec823
    lec823 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Uncle Sam's- not sold everywhere, but I think Whole Foods for sure. I think its yummy and it has flaxseeds, with more protein than most cereals
  • supercool111
    Options
    All bran is super high in fibre but not very tasty. You could add fibresure to your milk before pouring it onto your cereal?
  • rcarter91
    rcarter91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bran flakes perhaps?
    little lighter than all-bran but still plenty of fibre, add berries or a light sprinkle of a sweetener too if on its own its too plain :)
  • wallena
    wallena Posts: 32
    Options
    I'M GOING TO TRY KASHI. ALL THEIR CEREALS HAVE 6-7G FIBER PER SERVING. TOTAL IS PRETTY GOOD TOO.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch! It is sweet and tastes like a naughty cereal, LOL.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    i eat a serving of All Bran Buds mixed in a Fiber One yogurt plus some craisins, that pretty much wipes out my fiber goal for the day.
  • dumbfox
    dumbfox Posts: 13
    Options
    I like Shredded Wheat and eat it almost everyday for breakfast or a snack.
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean and Heart to Heart
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi Go Lean. Has a good amount of protein. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that it is also high in carbs. Well...can't win them all.
  • Kittany
    Kittany Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I add raisins to my all bran and use vanilla soy milk. Gives it flavor. I like flavor with my cardboard.

However I normally eat special K in either blueberry, chocolate delight, fruit and yogurt, special berry, or almond and vanilla. And I use light soy milk. :) Om nom nom. Then I have protein water between breakfast and lunch w/ a small snack.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch :) LOTS of fiber and protein. 1 cup of cereal is really filling!
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    So I checked out the Kashi cereals and they are higher in calories than the Special K I'm already eating.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Fiber One Caramel Delight! Tastes like cinnamon toast crunch!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Shredded mini wheats with almond milk & a banana :)
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    oatmeal usually but my toddler eats half of it. I think I need to try out this Kashi Go Lean Crunch sounds yummy
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    So I checked out the Kashi cereals and they are higher in calories than the Special K I'm already eating.
    Sometimes it's not just about the calories, but what else is in it. Minimal extra calories is worth being whole grain with extra fiber and protein. Many of the Kashi cereals are high in sugar(but taste so good, yum) so watch for that if you are concerned, so the best bet is the Go Lean(not crunch).
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

But they are more nutrient dense. Higher in protein and fiber, with no HFCS. I stay more full on a bowl of Kashi cereal than I do with a bowl of the Special K (my husband eats Special K red berries, and I have eaten it when I've run out of mine).