I have 300 calories left to eat

Options
i need ideas on what I should have towards the end of the day when I have calories left. It can't have any fat because usually I have had my limit on my fat, i need the protein it looks like.

TIA, Kay

Replies

• xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You said no fat, but I find nuts to be a great source of protein-packed calories when I need to make my calorie goal. It doesn't take many to get to 300 calories!

Or how about a baked potato with fat-free sour cream?
  • ghostdivatonya
    ghostdivatonya Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Im having trouble with protein as well. Most foods that have a good source are loaded with calories.

Today, I did try a bit of peanut butter (on wheat of course) with some local honey. It seemed to give me some protein. Still tacked on 300 calories! BUT, honey and peanut butter sandwich is pretty good when you really are not super hungry and need a good snack.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You could always send them to me :happy: Or, you could try an egg white omelet.
  • meloney
    Options
    98% fat free microwave popcorn. Light snack that will fill you up enough with good fiber and some protein.
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Okay here is a stupid question. If you have 300 calories left, why eat them? Won't it help you lose weight a bit faster by not eating them? I am new to this so if I am mistaken please correct me.
  • runner456
    runner456 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How about whey protein powder in juice....anywhere from 20 to 35 gm of protein per scoop depending on the brand.. and very little fat...mine has .3 gm fat per scoop.
  • katie980
    Options
    eggs are your best friend if looking for protein. they're packed. i had to get in my calories yesterday and ate an egg scrambled with some cheese and it was delicious. imo, if you're a little over on fat, it's ok. your body needs it, and works harder to digest it than carbs. plus, it's nearly impossible to get protein without fat.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Questfor250:

if you are not eating enough calories your bosy can go into starvation mode and you can gain weight....
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I find that special K meal bars are great for protein and low in fat though it does have some. They are also great if you don't want to have to clean up the kitchen, easy to grab and go

I also find that by the end of the day I still have lots of calories left over and no desire to eat anything else, I hate having to force myself to eat something.
  • butifulmom
    Options
    I'm going with runner on this one. I also believe that whey protein powder with juice is a great combo. I put mine in OJ and it tastes really great!
  • kchirsch
    kchirsch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    non fat cottage cheese is high in protien...or fat free cheese, I can't think of anything that is high in calories and non fat that you wouldn't have to eat alot of to meet 300 cal.
  • lec823
    lec823 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ditto to fat free cottage cheese. I like to put Lawry's seasoned salt on mine. Also, Canadian bacon is a great late night snack
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Try Better N Eggs. Very high in protein and no fat! Make a veggie omelet with some cooking spray. Also it is a good source of calcium, which helps with weight loss!
  • kswietek
    Options
    thanks so much for all the great tips. You guys are awesome