how do you count training for teamsports?

Options
I have no clue how to count the calories for that - it's not like we were playing the actual sport for two hours, or even playing it seriously during the time we did. yet, it was two hours of running here and there and throwing balls and all that stuff one does when training for a team sport... just not at "match-pace", of course. so using the numbers for the sport would give insane calorie-use, but how else does one count it in? (it's not like I could remember all the different exercises, or for how long we did what...)

How do you guys do that?

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    wear a HRM?
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    I don't usually...a little extra exercise that wasn't logged never hurt anyone :) If you really want to do as the pp said and wear a HRM or choose something that is similar in exertion like circuit training or low impact aerobics and just cut the time down a bit.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    Only way to know is HRM. Me personally, I just half it or if I'm really lazy quarter it.
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see some responses to this, too. I usually don't count it or I count it as noncompetitive (MFP has a competitive volleyball and a noncompetitive volleyball category, so that helps -- not so much if you're playing a different sport though!).
  • skessa
    skessa Posts: 13
    Options
    well, I guess I don't need to count it in, but training makes me hungry, and the red numbers irk me. ;)
    I guess I'll just mix up some of the suggestions - I tried rugby for the first time ever today, and considering how my legs and especially my arms feel right now I think I earned to count in something! :D
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I count it when it feels like it was a hard/good practice...aka, I'm actually tired. I look for the sport I practice (softball or flag football, in my case), and log half the time the practice was. Since it's practice, I know I stand around more than in a game, so I cut the time in half.