Help regarding Sugar and Sodium

Options
Hello - So I am confused. I read today that in order to a faster weight loss, it is good to lower your macros to 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fats. i did that and I am ok with it; however, since I am customizing my goals, what suggestions can you give me about sugar and sodium intake daily? Someone said 1500g for Sodium and 25 g for sugar ( i go over on my sugar usually). When i lowered the sodium to 1500 it seemed very low and unreasonable and when i checked out my other friends pages who may have the same goals as me or even who are very fit, everyone's diaries said 2500g for sodium. Starting next week i will due my best to illuminate sweet stuff - even the 100 cal packs and try to only have a sweet day on Fridays. Unfortunatley, my body's metabolism is very slow and it takes me a lot longer then most people to see results :(

Please help me to figure this out because I am very confused. Thank you in advance! :)

Replies

• gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I do 1500 mg for sodium and it is really difficult. I'm usually under/near, but some of the things that kill it are eating out, lunch meat, soy sauce, and soups. I have high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes, and that's why I watch my sodium. If you don't have any health issues, then 2300-2500 would probably be fine.

I don't really pay attention to sugar, just my total carbs.
    Good Luck! :smile:
  • Lulu4597
    Lulu4597 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do 1500 mg for sodium and it is really difficult. I'm usually under/near, but some of the things that kill it are eating out, lunch meat, soy sauce, and soups. I have high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes, and that's why I watch my sodium. If you don't have any health issues, then 2300-2500 would probably be fine.

I don't really pay attention to sugar, just my total carbs.
    Good Luck! :smile:

Thanks! Yes i just lowered my intake to 2k just to be on the safe side but i think eating less sweets and more veggies or healthy stuff and water will be good to do..