I use runkeeper which is good xxx
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I use cardio trainer and it's decent .
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun. I like the options...I set it to giving me an update every 5 minutes so I know my current and overall pace and distance (and calories burned) which has helped me to work harder. It's free too!
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    Options
    Jogtracker or mapmyrun. Both free and on android
  • cybercpa
    cybercpa Posts: 60
    Options
    I use Runkeeper to on my iPhone and its great. Also, Nike has some cool running shoes which sync up to your computer for "really accurate" info.:wink:
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I also use Endomondo, it seems to work fine. I like that it keeps history and maps my runs. I also like the coach that tells me lap time or total time plus last mile time and it will allow me to compete against previous runs.
  • ellebish
    ellebish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper and love it.

And have been experimenting with mICoach as I jog near a river and sometimes RunKeeper will hit across the river.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWALK on the iphone. Its a great free app and keeps a record of each trip (on a map of area walked), time, calories and gradient. Love it!!
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options
    I started with Endomondo but I find Runkeeper better because you can set goals and upload photos during runs.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I use map my walk and map my run....have also used Nike, that works with the machines at the gym too!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I like CardioTrainer... Also use MapMyRun (for runs) and My Tracks (for hiking) every now and then, but usually end up back with CardioTrainer. Can't stand RunKeeper...

Edit: (On a side note - I'd love to see MFP integrate a mapping function!)
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I use Noom/Cardio Trainer. It's pretty good.
  • ronahlers
    ronahlers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MapMyWalk is awesome
  • Australia2013
    Options
    ZombiesRun! Okay - it does more than track mileage, it also gives you a zombie apocolypse story where you are a runner for a township trying to survive. There are missions where you have to run out to accomplish tasks or pick up items. It also integrates the storyline into your music so you are listening to music at the same time. By far the most fun running app I have found. It maps your route, tracks speed & mileage.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm an endomondo user also. Be aware that the GPS chips in some phones are really quite terrible! I use and external Bluetooth GPS receiver paired to my phone instead of the built-in GPS. You would not believe some of my workout results while using the built-in GPS :explode:
  • jessmarie1023
    jessmarie1023 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love love love cardio trainer. :)
  • jessmarie1023
    jessmarie1023 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That zombie run app sounds awesome!
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love Runkeeper too! I'm going to have to check out the zombie one though too!
  • andrea2787
    andrea2787 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've used a lot of the apps (mapmywalk/run/ride/fitness, nike run, runkeeper, etc.), and I have to admit, Endomondo is currently my favorite. If you want something for running alone, the zombie one is pretty fun. I use it when I run outside.
  • Jeeplette
    Options
    I also use Noom...although I only use it to keep track of mileage/time. I like that it shows a map and tells you audibly how far you've gone and how long it's been. Although you can listen to your music stored on your phone, I normally open Pandora Radio first to get my music station going, then open Noom, then when I'm done, I log it into MFP, A lot of steps to take! I I will be looking into some of the other suggestions as well, so thanks for asking this!