Turning 30-what you did and how it was significant!

Options
I'm turning 30 this weekend and I thought I would see how others rang in the big 3-0! Was it a milestone year? Any helpful advice? Thanks!

Replies

• mamafish2313
    Options
    Everyone under 30? Or not remember?
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 this year, and ran my first marathon just because I can. :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I didnt. I just keep turning 29 :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in July, I feel no different...
  • verapamil
    Options
    I turned 30 last week (holy crap when did I get to be an adult?!) and my husband took my to Yellowstone National Park. It was awesome!! We saw tons of animals and had tons of time together in the car with the radio off just talking and being together. No parties or presents but it was definetly the best birthday so far. :smile:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i turned 30 in june, just feels like a new era, not the oldest of the 20s anymore, but the youngest of the 30s

i can safely say tho im in the best shape of my life and feel better than i did at 18, so who cares if im 30!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I had my first surprise birthday party when I turned 30. I had a real hard time turning thirty. I had a mini midlife crisis the months leading up to 30, but it turned out to be an okay age.
    And I will be 33 in 23 days, and I'm still okay with that.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I ran 30 miles on my 30th Birthday in May of this year. Not in an organized race, just on my own, me and the tar roads. It was brutal, but it proved to myself that I am not going down hill yet, not without a fight.

infact, my profile picture is from during said run, yes. it was raining.

Happy Birthday, welcome to 30
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    went to talladega for the nascar race with my husband and parents, stopped in Memphis on the way down, we walked everywhere that we could!
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant and so I went to the bathroom a lot. Does that count?:wink:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Can't remember.

No. hahaha. Actually I had my first baby 3 weeks before my 30th birthday, so I went out to dinner on my birthday with just my husband (my mom was home with the baby). We weren't even through the appetizers when my milk leaked everywhere. My husband took the entrees to go while I ran for the door red-faced with a wet top.

I don't suggest this method of commemorating your birthday, however ;p
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm so old I don't really remember that one......two years ago!!!

I don't recall anything thrilling occurring.
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    My wife gave me an over the hill party complete with black balloons. She's 3 years younger than me so she thought that was funny
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I had a real hard time turning thirty. I had a mini midlife crisis the months leading up to 30, but it turned out to be an okay age.

I think this is me right now. I'm turning 30 in November and I'm having these 'ARGH, I hate my job and my body and my friends and my whole life and I'm gonna pack a bag and just leave' moments about every five seconds.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My husband and I turn 30 next year and we are planning a trip to Iceland to see the northern lights. To the OP, plan a weekend getaway and treat yourself to something nice!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    For my 30th bday I went to Nashville, had dinner at the melting pot and went to the grand ol' opry and saw one of the best concerts. Really I lucked out at who was playing, Martina McBride, Little Big Town, and Terry Clark all preformed.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I didn't see 30 as a milestone birthday, it was just another year for me. I'm pretty certain that I went out to the same bar I always did. Big party since my bday is NYE.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 last year - was the same as turning 18, and 21 - no big deal - then again, all I wanted was a few drinks with people that mattered - and that happened, along with a meal out with my family as well (ok, so my 30th took a whole weekend, but it was worth it :happy: )

On the other hand, I don't feel 30 (how are you meant to feel at 30?) - I still feel and probably act like I did when I was about 15 - I don't want to grow up!! :sad: :laugh:
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Turned 30 last year. For me, 30 was no big. I was like, yeah, I got this. It's just a number, I'll never really be an adult anyway. 31 is getting super close now though and that means I'm IN my 30's. O.O

Well, I guess that's okay too.

Last year I threw a big party at my favorite karaoke bar and drank a ton of booze and sang songs. Good times. I do that every year, almost.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I went to church....lol