if you have a bad day...

Options
Well, I was so proud to be doing so well until sitting down with the family for burgers after all my calories were up. One bite led to well, a lot!!!!! I should have known better.
Today is a new day.

What do you do when you "fall off" to get back on? I'm just starting today fresh again and refuse to give up.

Blessings to all:smile:

Replies

• FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ive already had a few bad moments/days, the best thing to do in my opinion is not to beat yourself up over it. In the past ive completely ditched a diet just because i had a wobble and went to the pub, or had a take-away or something. The best thing ive found is to chalk it down to experience, start afresh the next day and maybe drop some extra calories or do a little more exercise to minimise the damage done. The thing is, most of us gain weight over a long period of time its about the overall trend rather than any one day so its really not so bad to have one bad day so long as its not three or four times a week lol :0) :happy:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon...I resort to these 2 rules.

a.) Dont beat yourself up
    b.) Do that "you turn" and get yourself back on track

It is so much easier to get back on track if you dont beat yourself up about the little things. As long as you can recognize the "naughty moments"...you have made progress. This doesnt mean you can fall off the wagon every day just to do a "you turn" and get back on track but it also certainly doesnt mean that having a "naughty moment" has to be looked at as a bad thing. Allowing yourself treats and splurges is fine occasionally.....its all about Moderation. Just try NOT to use those treats as a reward for something.... :0)
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon, I used to give up completely. I'd say, "What's the point?! And devour anything that ever sounded good. But now I realize messing up is bound to happen when I was viewing myself as on a diet. I look at it like a complete change. I try not to put myself into a position where I will mess up. I talked with my husband and close relatives about them respecting that I'm trying to change. My husband keeps his junk food out of my way, either out of sight, or he eats it before he comes in the house. LOL So far so good on that. I also find that having some sweets here and there keeps me from going off on a binge. Knowing I have to log my food is definitely helping. This website http://helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm helped me so much.

I also tell myself, it took awhile to get this weight on so it'll take awhile to get it off. Take it day by day. You got this :)
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I am just jumping back on the wagon. Yesterday I ate well every meal and then dinner came. We were asked out to the movies and to dinner and we ended up at a burger joint where basically anything you ordered was a cardiac arrest on a plate. So today, I am getting back in gear. I am just not going to let my whole week go south because I had one bad day.
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Let the past be just that the past don't keep berating yourself for it. move on and learn from it. We all fall down . The worst thing you can do is stay down. so get up and continue on your journey . You will succeed.
  • jaune
    jaune Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions!! You all inspire me...going on the treadmill now. :)
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just keep in mind that one day doesn't make or break your weight loss and fitness goals. I just get up the next day and tell myself that I will do better.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think to myself would you rather have ONE bad day or a WEEK of bad days? Id rather try to work off one day of slip up then adding a weeks worth of weight gain to lose.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well I don't completely blow it off. I feel bad about it , then I tell myself that there will always be bad days. But I usually try to work extra hard at the gym the next day to make me feel better. You just have to keep working hard and try not to fall off the wagon again..which can be hard of course.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!