Desserts?

Options
AGreen54
AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
Do you eat dessert? I'm kinda afraid to but my sister has a birthday coming up so I think I will eat some cake. Do you have any healthy desserts that you eat? I like to bake but I don't know what desserts are healthy.

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I keep some fair-trade dark chocolate (75% cocoa) in my cupboards incase I can't fight my sweet tooth. It has antioxidants which are good for the body. Have to be extremely careful about the portioning on that though.
    Desserts can be a tricky one because they always involve sugar. If you give yourself the calorie allowance for a dessert then I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have a little bit once in a while. I wouldn't make a habit out of it though.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate almost every night (72% cacao and up; currently on 86% cacao).

Once in a while I will have an applesauce, a cup of strawberries, or a single-serve container of Edy's slow-churned ice cream.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong w/an occasional slice of birthday cake! Or a daily slice if it fits your cals I suppose.

For a frequent dessert I like sugar free jello w/sliced bananas and fat free or lite cool whip.
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Personally I eat dessert every night now. Previously "diets" always failed because I would eat something "off limits" & then give up. I know that for me, no matter what I eat during the day, I always want something before bed. So now I make sure to plan for it.

I alternate flavors of sugar free / fat free pudding. Jello brand. With 1/4 c Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk I mix in a packet of pudding. I eat the whole thing for about 120 calories. Making it this way makes it super thick like cake batter. I have found 9 flavors that are sugar free / fat free. Vanilla, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge, White Chocolate, Cheesecake, Pistachio, Lemon & Banana.

I was also thinking of dipping Nut Butter or PB2 balls in dark chocolate for a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup taste.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I eat dessert EVERY DAY. I allow for 20% of my (typically) 2,000 calorie diet to be "treats" so I never feel deprived. So about 400 calories goes to whatever I want - whether it's a glass of wine (or three!) ... ice cream ... cake ... treats that I love to bake, I have it. The rest of my calories I eat pretty "clean" - lots of veggies, lean protein, etc. This has worked for me for years and keeps me with a good attitude towards food! I ENJOY my treats / desserts and know it's a way of life that I can "do" forever!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just allocate enough calories and have your dessert.
  • Kmelim
    Kmelim Posts: 26
    Options
    I allocate the calories so I can have dessert if I want. My failure at dieting was that I had to cut something out. This time I am learning to eat better and healthier without feeling deprived. That being said...have the cake.
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oops! I should have said 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. Haven't tried just 1/4 cup yet.