Stevia Reaction

Options
I just tried Stevia for the first time in a coffee. The instant it hit my stomach I vomited. Has anyone else had this reaction from Stevia?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Not the same but I do get nauseous and get headache. Plus the taste is just off to me so I wouldn't use it if I didn't have the physical symptoms.
  • SFBarbear
    SFBarbear Posts: 146
    Options
    I just found this at Web M.D.

"Stevia and chemicals contained in stevia, including stevioside and rebaudioside A, are LIKELY SAFE when used as a sweetener in foods. Rebaudioside A has generally recognized as safe (GRAS) status in the U.S. for use as a sweetener for foods. Stevioside has been safely used in research in doses of up to 1500 mg per day for 2 years.

Some people who take stevia or stevioside can experience bloating or nausea. Other people have reported feelings of dizziness, muscle pain, and numbness.

Special Precautions & Warnings:
    Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of stevia during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Allergy to ragweed and related plants: Stevia might cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family of plants. This family includes ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and many other plants."
  • seashman
    seashman Posts: 51
    Options
    My dad tried it a few months ago and was violently ill for like 48 hours afterwards. I tried it yesterday and was perfectly fine. It seems to depend on the person.
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    I've been using stevia for years ..... love it!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've been using stevia for years ..... love it!

^ this I carry it in my purse and car... It's prob the best no calorie sweetner I've ever used I don't miss sugar at all because of it ❤
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    No..
    I'm not a big fan of the flavor of Stevia though, I can't get used to the bitter aftertaste.