Burning more calories than taking in.....

Options
I need some info! I have been eating only whole foods and lean meats. Nothing artificial, nothing processed. And I have been working out from an hour to 2 hours a day I am burning more calories than I am taking in. I don't want to get sick, I also want to continue to lose weight and get healthier ( I've lost 42lbs, and I have 86 more to go)

Anyone have any HELPFUL INFO for me???

Thanks,
Lynn

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I need some info! I have been eating only whole foods and lean meats. Nothing artificial, nothing processed. And I have been working out from an hour to 2 hours a day I am burning more calories than I am taking in. I don't want to get sick, I also want to continue to lose weight and get healthier ( I've lost 42lbs, and I have 86 more to go)

Thanks,
    Lynn

I assume you mean that your workout calories are exceeding your intake (rather than your TDEE). IF this is the case, you need to either exercise less or eat more, or both. It's not a good idea for your daily deficit to exceed 1000 calories, it can damage your metabolism and cause hormone disruptions.
  • Bransonlee
    Bransonlee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think what she means is that she is having trouble eating enough to get to a healthy net calorie number. I know when I have really high burns I feel like I have to eat all day sometimes ;) What are some good high calorie foods for people who want to eat clean?
  • Meadows_Mommy05
    Options
    Yes what she said .....Thanks Branson :) LOL heehee
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    for one thing, if you have an intense workout - like lifting - you can drink 16 oz of chocolate milk after. i drink 1% horizon organic chocolate milk. it tastes amazing also! or you could just switch to the whole version - that's almost 450 calories right there.
  • Meadows_Mommy05
    Options
    Oh and I'm staying away from Dairy, gluten, flour, sugar and yeast!!

But thanks rusty..
  • Meadows_Mommy05
    Options

Thanks,
    Lynn

I am staying away from Dairy, sugar, flour, gluten, and yeast
  • ibtzn
    ibtzn Posts: 2
    Options
    I found this was happening to me too! I ended up making these protein muffins (roughly 150 calories for one) and snack on them during the day to increase my calorie intake. Nuts are a good way to increase calorie intake as well, Brazil nuts contain heaps so a handful of them should be enough to cover around 500 calories. Just alternate between different things daily cause obviously to much of one food all the time is not great either.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Cook things in olive or peanut oil. Eat nuts or nut butters. Eat whole eggs. Eat fattier cuts of meat. It's very easy to add delicious calorie dense food to your day.
  • CrookedCrookster
    CrookedCrookster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds are a good healthy source of protein and good fats and they tend to be high in calories. Almonds, sunflower seeds and almond butter are some of my favorite snacks.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add nuts and avocado into your diet--high calorie and nutritious. Salmon is also good for adding in higher calorie healthy proteins. If you're ok with almond milk, Silk makes a bangin' dark chocolate almond milk. 8 oz of that is 120 calories. After I work out I make protein shake with that and 2 TBSP of peanut butter (200 calories)--the whole shake is like 400 calories!
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Is this something your doing for a lifetime change or fast weight loss?It just seems to me your cutting out alot of food that you may not be able to continue doing long term.:):flowerforyou:
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    NUTS.. and nut butters.. and coconut anything.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Simple. Eat larger portions of lean meats, beans, nuts, fruit, veggies, fish, etc. Aim for balanced meals focusing on reaching your Macros.
  • dogberry3
    Options
    Is this something your doing for a lifetime change or fast weight loss?It just seems to me your cutting out alot of food that you may not be able to continue doing long term.:):flowerforyou:

It does seem to me that if you are losing fast you are just setting yourself up for the yo-yo diet thing. I too have over 150lbs to go for my total weight loss goal but I am trying to lose at 2-3lbs a week because I want to keep it off permanently. So far I've lost 35 this way in just over 70 days. I think you should cut your exercise down a bit to no more an 1 hour a day and increase your food intake. What is the reason for cutting out all those food groups? Do you have allergies to them?
  • shirley_beans
    shirley_beans Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What about snacking on nuts, or dipping apple slices in some peanut butter?
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Avocado is another high calorie food that is very good for you. & as some of the pp's said, nuts, seeds, natural peanut butter.