Support your local fatty!!!

Options
I just joined yesterday and I've done pretty well. I know I have to take this process one day at a time. I'm a little shy about message board posting but I sure could use a little support. I've tried to lose weight before and succeeded...for a while. I always lose about 50 pounds (I have over 100 to lose) and then just fall off the wagon right into a big ol' order of french fries and a chocolate shake.

If you'd like to help out this wretched and repentant dietary sinner, feel free to friend me! I'm not as obnoxious as I sound, I promise!

Replies

• jesjosep
    jesjosep Posts: 28
    Options
    I do the same, falling off the wagon into the fries and chocolate cake, etc. But I have never done something like this, with a support system. I'll friend you, and we can help each other out :)
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    haha your post sounds so familiar.... feel free to add me :smile:
  • Aventuria
    Aventuria Posts: 151
    Options
    I'll send you an invitation. We could help and motivate each other. :flowerforyou:

Also, I love your avatar... :wink:
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been down this same ol' road many times before as well. I too have over 100lbs to lose. Feel free to add me:)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that... I think there are two important ways to address that problem. First is, when you fall off the wagon (not if!), get right back on. It's not the end of the world, it's just a minor setback. The other is to make sure your diet includes plenty of things you enjoy eating. You should be able to work just about anything into your daily calorie allotment, although extra splurges may require a little planning. Good luck!
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Falling off the wagon is not the problem. Shaking off the dust and hopping back on before it gets too far down the road IS the problem.

Just remember, if you have a bad day or two, get over it. Don't beat yourself up over it, it happens to almost everyone. Get back on the wagon again and remember that life is better once you get to the end of the Oregon Trail. ;)
  • SpamLamb
    SpamLamb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Falling off the wagon is not the problem. Shaking off the dust and hopping back on before it gets too far down the road IS the problem.

Just remember, if you have a bad day or two, get over it. Don't beat yourself up over it, it happens to almost everyone. Get back on the wagon again and remember that life is better once you get to the end of the Oregon Trail. ;)

Assuming you don't die of dysentery first!!!
  • Tachimai
    Options
    I have fallen many times as well. Im trying to stay glued to it this time. lol Im open for friends and am always willing to give support. :)
  • kidcole11
    kidcole11 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ok, instead of falling off the wagon, just get on a motorcycle or an elephant or something and then you can't fall off the wagon! :)
  • kidcole11
    Options
    bump
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    ok, instead of falling off the wagon, just get on a motorcycle or an elephant or something and then you can't fall off the wagon! :)

Yes, but those hurt more to fall off...
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Been there and done that. My goal is to get back up on the wagon every time I fall off this time, instead of just giving up and dying of dysentery along the way.

Or starvation...but that's the least of my worries on this trip. ;) Feel free to add me.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    This is such a supportive place you might just get over that shyness... and lose a few pounds in the process. :happy:

Feel free to add me!
  • Raimi1990
    Options
    Hello, SpamLamb! I'm Raimi, and I'm new here, too.

Pleased to meet you.

PS.Your username and your posts suggest to me that you have an AWESOME sense of humor.

EDIT: You can add me, if you want~
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura. I'm on here every single day. I'm doing calorie counting and lots of exercise to meet my weightloss/fitness goals. I have 170 lbs to lose. I've lost 29 so far. By the end of Sept I expect to be 25% of the way there. If I lose 3 lbs a week I will be under 160 by my wedding day 8/24/13. So I'll be on here a good long while. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • kidcole11
    Options

Yes, but those hurt more to fall off...

That is very true.
  • rjcg8
    rjcg8 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm new on this site and while I have tried to lose weight before, I've never actually put much effort into it. I've been on this journey as everyone calls it, for 3 days and hope to have a support system for the rest of the way. So! I will add you and hopefully we can all help each other.