Question about how to log exercise?

Options
How do you log exercise routines that are a mixture of strength and cardio? For example, if I do Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, it's 20 minutes, but it's all mixed up with cardio, and strength and abs... How would I log that in here?

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Many people log it as circuit training.
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well i just got a HR monitor and i used it yesterday while i did Wii Bowling and Jillians 30 day Shred (just to see how big of a difference it was). I was logging it as curcuit training but that number was a little high.

My findings:
    30 Day Shred = 275 calories (I was in my target HR for 22 minutes out of the 27 Minutes)
    30 Minutes of Wii Bowling = 155 calories

Remember that number isnt going to be accurate for everyone but just to give you an idea i thought i would post it
  • ttova
    ttova Posts: 11
    Options
    when I out circuit training in my search no results are found? I do 5 days a week with a whole day deicated to one body part plus cardio.. cardio is easy to log.. but an hour of BACK, CHEST, SHOULDERS or LEGS?
    help?
  • ttova
    Options
    sorry I found circuit training in Cardio... sorry about that
    now if I do an hour weights and 30-60 minutes cardio
    I am not sure what to input??
    If I input circuit training at 60 minutes it says I burn 736? isn't that high
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The hour of weights would be logged in as "strength training" right? That's what I do.
  • ttova
    Options
    I just tried to log in today's workout and it only counted my cardio calories but not weight training..
    even crunches were not calculated?
    this is not as easy as I first thought it would be..or am I expecting too much from this app
  • clothestoburn
    clothestoburn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Up until I got a hrm I was just estimating and going by mfp numbers.
    In the beginning I was exercising and moving a whole lot more than ever before. And losing weight and inches because of it.

Save your pennies and invest in a hrm if you really want to be accurate. Until then be proud of yourself for the moves you are making.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Search "strength training" under the cardio section.
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would agree with saving and getting a HR monitor if you want "accurate" results.

Thought I would share i just did Free Step on Wii Fit. . . .
    About 3400 steps in 30 Minutes and my HR monitor said 234 calories burned!

I was pleasantly surprised with this since logging it on here it was 145 calories.