How many situps per day

to get rid of my belly pudge? xx

Replies

• sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Sit ups won't get rid of pudge, diet will.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Zero is a good number. Your calorie deficit is going to get rid of your stomach, not any number of situps. Put your effort into your diet. And if you do feel the urge to exercise, do some useful full body work like squats or pushups. Situps are going to be a colossal waste of your time.
  • I like them actually. No amount will lead to a loss of your belly though. That's best achieved through fat loss--diet and exercise until your bodyfat is lowered.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Zero is a good number. Your calorie deficit is going to get rid of your stomach, not any number of situps. Put your effort into your diet. And if you do feel the urge to exercise, do some useful full body work like squats or pushups. Situps are going to be a colossal waste of your time.

DP has spoken. It is wise to listen.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Like others have said diet will get rid of the fat BUT sit ups are still important, any core work is! Specially for that extra skin and good posture (which makes you look thinner anyways)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Have to lose the fat first. Someone posted a list of all the great ab workouts. I was so excited I was going to copy it down but I got distracted and forgot :(
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    I do around 100 a day but on my ab workout day around 400. It does not reduce fat but it does build the muscles. Your diet plus this will help.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    You need a calorie deficit to get rid of body fat as others have said. I think core exercises are good but you wont gain any muscle there while cutting body fat. You really only need to do them once or twice a week to keep them strong. If you are doing other full body exercises you will be engaging abs/core a lot so its up to you if you do any at all.

Personally I dont do any crunches or situps. I do weighted oblique twists, hanging leg raises and abdominal vacuum exercises.
  • misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    like everyone said.... no matter how many sit ups you do, if there is fat storage there they will be hidden by the layer. You could have beautiful abs hidden under there! Its not fair I know, but eat healthy, drink lots of water and keep on exercising!! It really depends on your overall BF% as well. My abs started to show at 16%BF...

You should still do sit ups, also include core strengthening exercises....
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member

This is so true
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Zero. You cannot spot reduce.