Should i replace what i burn off by working out?

Options
Just wondering.. should i replace the calories, carbs, fat, and protein that im burning off by working out? Or should i set me meal plan for the day and my workout and just stick to it?

Replies

• SouthernMomma25
    Options
    Like i get 1200 a day and i eat according i usually go over about 100 cal and then i workout and burn 600 so then that gives me 500 more cal to eat, should i or not?
  • supercool111
    Options
    I think that's up to you...
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I eat my exercize calories. The way I understand it is the 1200 you get to start with is what your body needs to function if you sit around and do nothing all day. So when you work out, you need extra calories. So I eat them. I have commented on this several times but I hit a plateau since August. I upped my calories and now I am losing weight again and I have not adjusted my exercize. I am not telling you to up your calories, but clearly eating your exercize calories is not a bad thing. I always eat mine and I am still losing weight. Othewise I think you run the risk of going into starvation mode. If you only eat 12-1400 calories a day and you work out 300 of them, your body is existing off 9-1100 calories. That's too low. I read that 1200 calories is hovering right above starvation levels. There is so much conflicting information out there though. I would say at least try and eat some of them.
  • mykidsmom
    Options
    That's difficult because if you burn 500 calories you're super hungry! I've been trying to eat some extra when I do that if I'm really hungry. I think your body needs some extra calories............ We'll see how it works! Good luck!
  • supercool111
    Options
    The way I see it is that you can't get all your proper nutrients on less than 1200 calories a day and so you should eat that amount at least and eat well but you can burn extra calories on top of that if you want. To live you need about 1200 - 1600 cals a day but when you are trying to lose weight the fat in your body converts to energy to accommodate this drop. And that is how you burn fat. So you can choose to lose weight a little faster or you can treat yourself with some extra food.

God this reads like a two year old wrote it...