Food options- working from your car

Options
Hey everyone :) so I'm asking this question in behalf of my boyfriend. He's a private investigator and has been for a about a year and a half and he spends anywhere from 6-14 hours a day, 6 days a week in his car. Since getting this job he's put on about 50 pounds and it kills him because before he was very cut and very lean. Exercise is something that's very hard for him to find time for because there are many days where he spends 16 hours just working (driving far, working, writing reports etc.) Anyway in the summer and any time of year where the outside temp is over 75 it's basically impossible for him I bring food unless it's something of the snack variety, and I know this has a lot to do with his weight gain. Now he's a guy so he likes to atleast feel like he's eating a lot because he can eat a lot. Also he avoids anything with added fiber because he has stomach issues from when he was a kid. I'm just finding it difficult to suggest things because I usually think of bars with fiber :/ in about a month he'll be able to start bringing actual food, but I'd just like a few suggestions because I know he wants to be healthier. Any suggestions?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Raw nuts, jerky are a couple of non-refridgerated. Have him try Quest bars. Yes they have fiber but don't seem to affect the same way as Fiber One bars. Maybe just start with one a day though and not a whole box. They are made of natural ingredients and protein is good and best yet they don't melt. They are a bit chewy but I like that takes me longer to eat.
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know why I never thought of nuts, he did jerky for awhile but said it got too expensive, definitely gonna try those bars too! Thanx!