New. Excited. Frustrated. Happy-to-be-here!

Options
Hello!

New to myfitnesspal. New to "posting" on message boards. Just putting this out there for anyone to read (or pass over, ha!) in the everlasting hope someone may have some words of advice or maybe even to share a similar story.

My brief history:
In and out of gyms the past 10 years; been vegetarian, vegan, meat-eating and back again; ballet dancer for 15 years; lover of ALL food. I have a hyper-active personality and always have energy to hit the outdoors, explore or sweat it out doing just about anything but rarely stick to any one regiment for longer than several months before my attention span drops and I'm onto something new: yoga, running, plyometrics, pilates, mua thai, pilates, etc. You name it, I've done it - and loved it.

I'm 32 and it's apparent that as I get older, it's becoming more and more difficult to anage my weight, exercise goals and eating habits. Lfe drives me in all directions at once, my body does not seem to want to keep up. The past year I have been consistently eating VERY healthy and maintaining a moderate to very rigorous cardio/workout routine however; have been struggling the last 3-4 months and have gained a substantial amount of weight (even though, according to the fodd tracker, I should be losing.)

I'm really excited to be part of this site and able to see my food and exercise tracked right in front of my eyes but I'm also frustrated with where I'm at and how far "where I want to be" seems to be getting from my grasp. I won't quit though :)

Thank you!

Replies

• madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    hi ArdenLynn good to have you here. I have the attention span of a knat, but am going to stick with this, this time. I am a brand new vegan and having my moments. I went to vegan because of health problems, and it is working, but OH how I miss bacon. It is tomato season here and blt wiht fresh tomatos . oh that is another story lol . welcome aboard.