Doctor Who?

Options
2»

Replies

• AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Oh and you just got me googling aparently the first trailer will be Thursday 2nd August, around 8:00pm on BBC1

Trailer launched tonight on BBC 1 but available now on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qrEUBl2pacU
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Great show, though I somehow missed the entire last season, so I'm just getting caught up. Gotta say, I absolutely love everything Steven Moffat writes... all the best episodes of Doctor Who (before he took over as EP) were the ones he wrote, and since he took over, the storyline has been excellent.

If you haven't seen them yet, watch the 6-part miniseries he did called "Jekyll" (which he completely wrote), and the two 3-episode series of "Sherlock" (producer and writer of some of the episodes), for more of his awesome work.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Me me me!!!!
    Can't wait. Love it. A bit obsessed to be honest. Keep waiting for the phonecall asking if I want to be his new companion. Never happens :grumble:
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Oh and you just got me googling aparently the first trailer will be Thursday 2nd August, around 8:00pm on BBC1

Trailer launched tonight on BBC 1 but available now on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qrEUBl2pacU

Thanks!

Looks good, but no Capt Jack.:cry: I'd love to see a River Song/Capt Jack episode.
  • vickygetshealthy
    Options
    ME. Bring on Saturday!!! Has anyone been watching the Pond Life mini episodes on the BBC website? :)
  • EricaCarmack
    Options
    WOOT!
    love me some doctor who!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Major fan here, watched all 6 series from Jan-April, and have started reading the novels and short stories. I believe I've read 10 so far. I've also started picking up Who comics, and pretty much anything associated with them. You may say I am a little obsessed :).
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I like Doctor Who but I can't stand Matt Smith as the Doctor. It's like David Tennent regenerated in to a kid with tourettes and ADD. That being said the companions the Doctor has had for the last couple of seasons have been GREAT! Amy Pond was the best companion the Doctor has had in years!
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    We have a Doctor Who Premiere Party planned! Can't wait! My cousin is bringing a TARDIS cake...and there goes all the calories for the day - right out the window! *lol*
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I love Doctor Who. I resisted watching the newer seasons for years, but this summer I decided to stop clutching at my Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf , and give the newer seasons a try, starting with the 8th Doctor. We are now up to just when the 11th Doctor started. I gotta say, I'm hooked again.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Huge fan. Roll on Saturday!!!

Much preferred Rose over Amy. Matt Smith is the best doctor since Tom Baker!!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Netflix has all the modern seasons (2005+) starting with the 9th Doctor if you are too confused. It's lots of fun. The Daleks are my least favorite enemy...they seem a bit dated for an enemy. lol

You heathen! They're not dated- they're classic!

Ahem. Been watching my whole life.:blushing:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm currently going back through old episodes starting with 9
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    I like Doctor Who but I can't stand Matt Smith as the Doctor. It's like David Tennent regenerated in to a kid with tourettes and ADD.

yeeeep. i miss ten. still. after 2 series.

:(
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Any Whovian fans? Can't wait for Doctor Who to come back on!

Saturday night....my DVR is set!
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    So excited for the new season!! Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!