NSV for me :)

Options
wcrathbun
wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
I'm a newbie to MFP and live near Boulder, CO, one of the best places to get a good craft beer. (Which I looove!) Today after getting home from work I called my boyfriend to see when he would be home only to find out that he was out with a friend having a beer. Normally I would take this as an invitation and go meet up with them to enjoy one (or three) myself. Today, however, without a second thought I said "Ok, have a great time. I'm going to go work out." Of course I'm not saying I will never have another one because that just wouldn't be realistic! But, I am super proud of my choice today :)

Replies

• MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yay! Making good choices and sticking to them! Good for you girl!!
    Hmmm....this reminds me to save a few calories tomorrow evening :drinker:
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: <
    WATER =)
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    you go girl :)
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great choice!
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yay! Making good choices and sticking to them! Good for you girl!!
    Hmmm....this reminds me to save a few calories tomorrow evening :drinker:

I was thinking the same thing! haha but I am doing my research to make sure I only use the minimal amount :)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm from Milwaukee, WI, so I totally get the delicious, irresistible craft beer thing... LOVE THEM!!!!!!! but yes, good for you! one healthy step at a time!
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    I never have more than two even though I have to admit that Pumpkin head from Shipyard Brewery here in Maine is my weakness.

I realize it's not the best place to use my calories but at 180 a bottle I am willing to compensate elsewhere for one or two nights a month that I may have a couple.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. I'm so happy for you! Mine for yesterday was I did 35 min on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill and I could have kept going!! I probably should have but it was the first time I didn't want to just hurry up and get done!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    And you probably feel amazing now.
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Every day brings a new set of choices and you made a good one for yourself. Way to go!
  • nadiamode
    Options
    go you! now i feel bad for making fun of a friend who didn't want to come out for a beer because she was going running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!