New to MyFitness Pal

Options
Good morning! I'm going to try this app to lose weight. I am morbidly obese and - although they say not - am sure I embarrass my kids. I know I disgust myself but have a horrible time with controlling my eating. I will begin tracking on Monday because we have baseball out of town all weekend.

Any encouraging words are appreciated!

Replies

• lturnmire
    Options
    Hello! My name is Laura. I'm a mom of 2 wonderful kids - a boy and a girl. I've been with my husband since I was 14. I need to lose about 120 pounds. I wish I could magically make it disappear.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    welcome to the came to the right place for support, i love the site i lost a little over 13 lbs using this site feel free to add me
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome and we are all here to support and be supported. Hope you find all the encouragement and help that you need.. This is a great site! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Cathyt25
    Options
    Thought I'd give this app a go......Have been using Couch to 5K and recently joined a gym...Have about 14llb to lose for a holiday end of October so I'm hoping that keeping track of my calorie intake vs exercise will help me. I'm 46 and am finding it harder and harder to shed the excess pounds as I'm getting older...walk my dog most days...and now run with the dog 3 days........any advise welcome.

Cathyt
  • Terryj20
    Terryj20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I will faithfully encourage!
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I joined this site in January and found it an excellent way to keep control of my calorie intake. In a relatively short time I had hit my goals and now use the site to keep track of what I eat and the exercise I do.

Good luck to all of you on your journeys and feel to add me as a friend
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hiya

Ive been on here 145 days I have lost 31lb so far! (not all on here) but i find this site very good and it motivates me to lose weight!

Good luck and feel free to add me x
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

It's a great place to start but remember it's a marathon not a sprint and you can do it if you put your mind to it!

O: I'm full of cliches today!
  • ashleycottrill
    Options
    hey im ashley had a baby girl 11 weeks ago and gone up 2 dress sizes so just trying to loose my jelly belly, this app is so good, any advice on simple exercises at home please let me know. x
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! You certainly have come to the right place! Feel free to add me for support and encouragement! We are all in this together!
  • Cathyt25
    Options
    LOL......Sorry , a UK foible.....It wasn't 140llb its 14llb i want to lose......or as we like to say in the UK a Stone.
    Goodness me I'd never manage 140 by October......silly me....have edited original post above.