September Challenge: No Caffeine!

Options
Okay, so I am the world's worst for drinking diet soda, and I want to go a month without drinking any at all! Anyone else want to join me? I know some of you have probably already eliminated this from your diet, but for those who haven't, feel free to join me!! Water only, for the entire month! :)

(This will be difficult for me, but I know I can do it, and I would love to support you guys too!)

Replies

• dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options
    bump
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd love to but, erm no! lol

I can't handle the withdrawal headaches and constipation.

I :heart: my coffee and hear caffeine boosts metabolism in any case so I see no good reason to give it up!

I would give up coke etc if I drank it as there's other stuff in it that's bad for you.

Good luck!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am with her ^^^ I think its a great idea, and if I was a soda drinker I would be with you, but I would die without caffeine from my coffee. I hope that you find some friends with similar goals for your challenge! Best of luck!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My family would hog-tie me and force me to drink coffee if I tried this, good luck to you!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey hon! I can join you in the no diet soda challenge. Me and my coffee go hand in hand, but the diet soda is something I really do need to kick. It's not that I'll die without coffee :laugh:, but my one cup is prelogged and part of my daily routine. I have also recently discovered that when I cut it out the migraines begin. oh, that was not pretty. :sick:

But the diet soda, now that can become a nasty bit for me when I let myself get into it. So I'll join you for that. :)
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My family would hog-tie me and force me to drink coffee if I tried this, good luck to you!

This! hahaha! Good luck OP!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'll give up soda, but I love my green tea can I join you?
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have been caffiene free for several years now, and have never felt better. I drink lots of carbonated seltzer water (Polar has so many great flavors), and when I open a can and get that cold fizz, it reminds me a lot of a soda.
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! I gave up Diet Coke, but there is no way I could give up coffee.
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I will give up ALL SODA. But I still want coffee & tea, My tea is decaffeinated. Can I still join?
    :smile:
  • thecrass
    thecrass Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I couldnt ive tried it before for 1 month and it was HELL, i work shifts and need caffeine every now and again for that extra boost. I do drink 7-Up zero and all the other Zero soft drinks but sugar free energy drink is where i get my hit from.

But good luck :-)
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    To those who are giving up your caffeine, wean yourself slowly or you will suffer serious consequences!!

:noway: :explode: :mad: :angry:

I had the absolute worst headache for two days when I went caffeine-free, but after I could open my eyes for more than 5 seconds, I did feel a lot better.

I detest artificial sweeteners so diet drinks aren't on my menu.

Coffee... on the other hand.... getting between me and the coffee pot in the morning is a bad idea!!

Good luck to everyone!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am in! Does green tea count as caffeine for this challenge?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck in this rather painful challenge.

Diet soda is fine though =)
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am in! Does green tea count as caffeine for this challenge?

Green tea does have caffeine in it, but not as much as coffee