Looking for friends 50 +

Options

Replies

• skh59
    skh59 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,
    I am new two this site. I am 59yo found out in Feb 2012 I was hypothyroid. nothing seems to be working as far as meds. so I decided to go back to exercise and diet. wish me luck.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I is not luck that will get you there. It is being determined. This site does work if you are serious about it. The food diary has really opened my eyes. I am 55 an have lost 35lbs since I joined this site, but have lost 48 lbs all together. Joining this site is one of te smartest things I have ever done. This site does help you lose weight and help you maintain it too.
  • Arismar2022
    Arismar2022 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My sister had her tyroid removed 20 years ago.
    She has been under medication, and she is healthy and skinny.
    She is watching what she eats and taking carw of daily exercise. Think positive, it is possible. I am here to help you! :)
  • Arismar2022
    Arismar2022 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
    I agree, it opens the eyes, and all is calorie control.
    Together, we can go as far as we want!
    Keep going, count on me!
  • deo_volente
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I'm 51 years young and started using the site 2 months ago. I'm loving this journey! Some luck does help....but it helps to have sheer determination, support of MFP friends who are also on a similar journey and daily logging of food intake.
    Feel free to add me for support!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am ... well 66! Boy that is hard to say/write!!! If I am not too old for this group, I would love to be a part of it! Sometimes I wonder IF I AM THE ONLY over 65 person trying to lose weight!! I just don't think like a 66 year old, and heavens know i don't act like a 66 year old...but I need to lose weight so I can feel as young as I 'think' I am! :laugh:
  • elk102
    elk102 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 62 in about a week.. All I can say is "it gets tougher with age". The old metabolism is not burning like it use to be. I too have just found out I have thyroid problems. I have so many friends that are taking thyroid medication and they still feel bad and still have to fight the weight problem. So, with that said, I think I will stick to journaling on this site, continue walking, and try to keep on keeping on. I would like to lose 10 lbs. That will put me at a weight that I feel good at and that is the most important to me know these days.
  • tmartinrn1
    Options
    I will be 50 this year (don't feel 50!). I have 3 boys, 15,17, and 19, and work as a nurse 32 hours a week. When I get home, I have a habit that I just can't break- I love to have a glass of wine (or 2). I weigh 177 lbs, 5 foot 6", need to get back to 145! 155 even would be great! Anyway, maybe if I keep tracking my calories and try to get in a jog a few times a week, I won't have to give up wine altogether (too hard). The stresses of having boys this age have led me to this habit! but I love wine as well.....Anyway, I am determined to finally get this weight off by the time I'm 50!
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check out this long-running thread. Wonderful 50+ ladies!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/722010-women-ages-50-for-august-2012
  • etajr
    etajr Posts: 49
    Options
    I am 54 and anyone who wants support can friend me...
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 years old. There are a lot of us 50+ on My Fitness Pal. Welcome. :smile:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 yrs young. Welcome.

Feel free to add me as a friend - we can keep each other motivated.
  • LaurieMcR
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My best friend who is 55 has lost close to eighty pounds over this last year. She used another site similar to MyFitnessPal, calorie counting, keeping it simple and incorporating exercise. Exercise that is not going to kill, as we are not in our twenties! Lol. Anyway she has been a great source of inspiration to do something for myself. I am 58 and have about 100 pounds to lose. I have not been able to get interested,focused or motivated to lose weight until I learned of my friends success. Yet i needed a place to turn to for help. Then my sister turned me on to MyFitnessPal. Having started this just this last week, I find it so simple, I just grab my iphone or pad and list the foods i have eaten. Just as importantly I have the support of my family who are also doing MFP. So my best to all of you, i will keep keep you updated.
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greetings!!
    I've struggled with weight for most of my life (will be 55 in Sept.), but have finally reached goal
    thru TOPS and MFP.
    But now comes the hard part......maintaining.
    I'm looking for accountability partners that are committed for the long haul of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
    Please add me :flowerforyou: