This is a silly thing to obsess over...

Options
2»

Replies

• aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I, too, entered my orig weight. I started on another free site that I didn't like. But that doesn't mean I wasn't working it. You can go into your settings and change your start weight, I believe.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I put in the weight I lost before joining this site too
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    When I started on the this site, I did not log my starting weight. I logged where I was on the scale at that time.
  • wgn4166
    Options
    i started with the weight i started here. it only shows 16 pounds but i have actually lost 62.
    Isnt there a way to change it?
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I didn't log my starting weight either, just when i started on here. I have lost about 27lb and yes it sometimes bugs me too. Good job on your accomplishment. I am just looking for results. Once those come i won't care what those #s are.....:wink:
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    I put the weight that I started with on here.. I've lost 22 lbs, but I think it only says 7. I did that because about 15 of those lbs I've kept off for awhile. Either way, you know how much you lost, great job btw!!
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i used my highest weight. well, i'd had the app on my phone for over a year but never used it much. but when i started faithfully using it, i put in my highest. just because i started using this, doesn't mean i didn't lose 10 lbs on my own or that those 10 never existed. i started on a journey to lose it, well, this was just an additional tool i picked up to use. why discount myself on results from the work i'd already done?
  • wgn4166
    Options
    I started at 155 and lost 5 pounds before MFP. I just edited mine to show it. I will like that number much better :smile:
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo happy to have seen this, it was bugging me too. I only started on here about a week ago, but have been steadily losing since last summer, I fixed it and now I am happy hahahaha. THANKS!!! I didn't realize you could back track.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I put the weight I was when starting MFP, but I had lost a bit more before starting. I just mentally add those 5 pounds on top of my ticker. LOL

^
    Me too. My clicker says 11 but I add the other 7 in my head just for me.
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've lost nearly 9 stones in weight (since 2006 so a long time frame) I've started afresh on here.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I say - do what is going to make you feel best. This is YOUR journey. While we enjoy have the support and encouragement of each other - only YOU know, what will keep you motivated, on track. It is not like you are making up some number to look good, you legitmately lost the weight, you want to remind yourself of your success to keep you going! I support the decision, as long as it is YOURS! :)
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one that it bothered! I don't feel as silly now. :)