Walking The Dogs

Options
Here in Vancouver, B.C we are being treated to what is warm, dry weather for January.

It is in the low 60's and the grass is green.

Rhonda and I have added walking the dogs twice a day to our routine. At least while the rains stay away.

It feels good to be outside exercising. The dogs love it too.

Walking is a great form of exercising.

Get off the couch for 30 minutes and do a brisk walk. Its good for you.

Replies

• ddpowell
    ddpowell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree that walking dogs is great exercise. I walk dogs for the Animal Rescue League in Pittsburgh, Pa. I wear a pedometer and sometimes in 2 hours spent at the shelter, I will log in 8,000 steps ( approx. 4 miles) So if you don't have a dog, you can always volunteer for a local animal shelter. You get great benefits and the dogs will thank you too!:smile:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was walking my guys twice a day until the little one started licking her paws and I didn;t see anything so off to the vet we went. She was getting like rug burns on her paws because it is so cold and rough so we had to forgo the walks until she is up and ready for it. My big guy is not happy about it either and they are totally full of energy ALL the time but if I go without her she cries so loud the neighbors can hear her. SO give me a few more days and we will be back out there too!!!
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    i walk my little min pin(bud) everyday when it's not raining. sometimes we walk two or three times a day. he likes it alot, but i have to make sure he doesn't get to hot or have seizure. he'sm on medicine, but it's good for me too, to walking. plus he enjoys the air.
  • ddpowell
    ddpowell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Some of our dogs get sore paws too. It may be caused by the salt that they put down to melt the snow. Any how, have you ever tried boots for your dogs?