colon cleanse?

Options
Anyone suggest a colon cleanse? I need to do something. I have been exercising everyday and eating 1200 calories (adjusted for exercise) and still have not lost any weight. I do South Beach along with cardio and weights. I thought of a colon cleanse since I did one about 8 years ago and I lost 5 lbs and lowered my cholesterol. If you have done this and it helped jump start your weight loss, let me know. Also, what one did you use? If you have any other suggestions to get the weight off I would appriciate the info. Thanks.

Replies

• biopratt
    Options
    I did the Cayanne Lemonade diet over the summer for 7 days and then ease in for 3 days after. It was very worth while, but I would recommend not doing it for the purpose of weightloss (although you will lose weight for sure). The cleanse if demanding in that you cannot leave your home because you have to be near a toilet, and you will get the worse headaches ever! ''

Instead, switch your food consumption to more liquids and less food bulk. Try that instead. Low-cal fruit blend smoothies, protein shakes etc...
  • dawn675
    dawn675 Posts: 19
    Options
    I did what the last poster said, I started to eat more things like Jell-O and fruit and soups and it helped "clean out" my system a bit. I didn't HAVE to be near the toilet but I don't feel as bloated as I did when I first started dieting. Just my opinion.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    In general, I'm not a fan of colon cleanse, but I will say this: Why not just do what doctor's recommend before a colonoscopy? It will be a rough day, but it will clean everything out. It's usually 24 hours of clear liquids only, plus various laxatives. Over in 24 and you're colon will be clean enough to shove a camera into. ;-)