How am I not sore?

Options
I have been working out daily for the last 35 days or so. Sometimes only pushups, sometimes only cardio, often with weights. I was sore for at least the first five days, and I have select sore muscles here and there now, but how am I not sore all over? Yesterday I did the Les Mills Body Pump and I fatigued my muscles (sometimes to failure) and they were screaming pretty good at the time, but today I’m not sore?! Is this a sign that I just need to push more, or am I just used to it, or is it normal to burn like crazy during the workout and get to the point where you’re not hurting the next day or two from it?

Thoughts?

Replies

• columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hit your muscles a different way. Like doing diamond, side to side, clap, decline, decline diamond push ups. Change it up.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    So you're saying it's not good that I'm not sore, even though I burned to exhaustion during the work out?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Soreness is not an indicator of progress or work ethic. If you work out the same muscles constantly they are going to get used to it quickly and you'll no longer get sore. There is no problem.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Go heavier, Go harder, Go at it from a different direction.
  • oceansablue
    Options
    While I can't say I'm an expert, I do believe what is important is the amount of effort you put into your workout. As long as you try your hardest it's a good workout.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Soreness is not an indicator of progress or work ethic. If you work out the same muscles every day they are going to get used to it quickly and you'll no longer get sore.

^^^

I like to say it as "Soreness or lack of is not a good indicator of workouts that will or will not produce results"
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Soreness is not an indicator of progress or work ethic. If you work out the same muscles every day they are going to get used to it quickly and you'll no longer get sore.

^^^

I like to say it as "Soreness or lack of is not a good indicator of workouts that will or will not produce results"

I like yours better ;)