Almost at maintenance!

Options
Does MFP automatically recalculate your caloric intake once you hit your target weight?

Replies

• Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    No, you'll need to go in and change it from losing X amount per week to maintaining current weight. Congrats on hitting your goal!
  • gabriellegabster
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply! and your congrats - it means a lot : )
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You may need to tweak the numbers to stabilize. MFP underestimated my maintenance calories and I continued to lose for a while.
  • gabriellegabster
    Options
    Will there be a substantial difference in how many calories I can eat? I figured I'd continue losing a bit more so that can be that buffer to my goal weight. Thanks for your reply.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Will there be a substantial difference in how many calories I can eat? I figured I'd continue losing a bit more so that can be that buffer to my goal weight. Thanks for your reply.

Depends on what your weekly weight loss goal is now. You get an extra 500 cals is you go from lose 1 lb to maintenance. This said if you want to lose a little more what I would suggest is adding 100-200 cals to your currently total for 3-4 weeks then add another 100-200 for 3-4 weeks, rinse and repeat until you find your true maintenance and you will lose some more weight slowly in the interim.
  • gabriellegabster
    Options
    Brilliant! I'll do that, thanks!