Does anyone zumba???

2»

Replies

• geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    I have always done spin classes and kickboxing but I just took a zumba class it was alot of fun (really sweat) but I was wondering if anyone has seen good results from zumba. Btw do the steps get easier I feel so spastic!

I love, love, love, LOVE Zumba! Since I started doing it almost every day (I haven't done much this week because my work schedule is CRAZY), I noticed my weight go down and my activity-level increase. I actually can't wait to Zumba! I suck at it, though! I flail more than anything, but I sweat like crazy! I do it for about 40 minutes, and I just feel O.O when I'm done. I enjoy it, though. :)

zumba-how-we-feel-how-we-look.jpg
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    I love Zumba. I've been doing it since April and I've lost 24 pounds. I wear my HRM and depending on the instructor I typically burn between 500-700+ calories per hour long class. I started with 2-3 times a week and now I go 4-6 days a week. I also have done aqua zumba. It is a great FUN workout.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Zumbaholic here! I do 2 classes a week and also have the Wii version. I'm not sure how much difference it's made to my weight because I changed my whole diet/lifestyle at the same time that I started zumba. One thing I've noticed though is I can get through a whole class now at the same tempo. No more mini jumps and steps for me, now I'm shaking my thang like a pro :smile:
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    I love Zumba. I haven't been able to take the class in a while due to my schedule change but hope to get back into it. I introduced my work husband to it about three years ago and he has lost so much weight and LOVES IT! I'm trying to convince him to start teaching a class in our office when we move.
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    I do Zumba 3 days a week & I love it! When I first started the class it took me a couple of weeks to actually get the hang of it!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    I love Zumba! I manage to get to live classes about 3 x per week. I wish I could go more.
  • I have been doing Zumba for two months, and I'm totally addicted. I go to four Zumba classes a week--two regular classes, one Aqua Zumba class, and one Zumba Toning class. I love them all! For those interested in a lower impact workout, Aqua Zumba is great. The Zumba website has a great search feature that allows you to search for classes in your area by Zumba type, or even by instructor. I'm even looking forward to the new style, Zumba Sentao when it has a wider availability in my area. I definitely feel more toned and am seeing good results. (I didn't see actual lbs. disappear until I started with MFP last week, though.)
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    **ZUMBA LOVER HERE**

I have the DVD set with the toning sticks, and the 2nd Wii Zumba game......I've found a new zumba instructor very close to home and she's excellent!
  • Chrisswa
    Chrisswa Posts: 71
    I have been doing Zumba twice a week for over a year and love it !!!! Yes my legs still get tangled but what a great workout and what a great laugh :)
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Thanks for all the replies I just wanted to try something different started noticing thighs getter bigger from spinning (no thank you) Was spinning like 4-5 times a week . I do also watch my diet so I hope the two together is gonna work.

This is perfect for your hips, thighs, butt and stomach. my butt and thighs have gone down ALOT since i started zumba. It just completely reshapes your body and you are constantly using your core. I like everyone else here think it would be a great thing for you to try :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    I owe my ticker to zumba!
  • I have been taking Zumba for three months and I love it. I have lostg 10 pounds just doing Zumba.