Still see your self Chubby syndrome.

Options
Mnm1983
Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
Okay so the other day my Best Friend told me I have the chubby girl syndrome, meaning I still see my self chubby.She tole me this becaause I was feeling unsure on an outfit I wanted to wear and she liked the way I looked in it. I still am chubby but today Ive realized she had a point. I recently bought a cute top in a XL with out trying it on. I wore it to work today and it fits me to baggy, I should of went with a large. I bought the XL because that is what use to fit me but I am very pleased that I am working my way to a Large. Do any of you guys still look in the mirror and see that chubby person?

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I DO! I still have to do a double take because I went from a 16 to a 4 and am STILL getting used to that girl in the mirror, or my reflection in a glass door. Supposedly the mind will catch up to the body but it hasn't happened for me yet. ;)
  • Mnm1983
    Options
    I DO! I still have to do a double take because I went from a 16 to a 4 and am STILL getting used to that girl in the mirror, or my reflection in a glass door. Supposedly the mind will catch up to the body but it hasn't happened for me yet. ;)

Wow , Congrats! I can't wait to say I usd to be.... Thats is a very nice phrase!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Wow , Congrats! I can't wait to say I usd to be.... Thats is a very nice phrase!

Thanks! You'll get there!
  • downwithbottledwater
    Options
    Well I still actually am chubby. Today I weigh 186.5lbs.

But considering I started at 305lbs, it's a big change.

I definitely don't see my new self. I still see myself as fat and ugly.

I hope my brain can catch up.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I always feel like the fat me no matter how much I've lost. I am hoping eventually this feeling will go away.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Yes, I still see myself as chubby. I have been overweight practically my entire life and this is the first time I have ever been in a healthy BMI zone. I was so used to buying my clothes as an XL until I realized just how baggy they were. I think my mind is starting to catch to the fact that I am now a medium in clothing. Someone told me it takes up to 6 months for the body to realize that it is now smaller.
  • Mnm1983
    Options
    Well I still actually am chubby. Today I weigh 186.5lbs.

But considering I started at 305lbs, it's a big change.

I definitely don't see my new self. I still see myself as fat and ugly.

I hope my brain can catch up.

Ugly ...not at all. Your super CUTE! And congrats on all your hard work ....you look AMAZING!
  • Mnm1983
    Options
    Yes, I still see myself as chubby. I have been overweight practically my entire life and this is the first time I have ever been in a healthy BMI zone. I was so used to buying my clothes as an XL until I realized just how baggy they were. I think my mind is starting to catch to the fact that I am now a medium in clothing. Someone told me it takes up to 6 months for the body to realize that it is now smaller.

Guess Im not alone in feeling that way. I cant wait to but size med! Congrats!
  • Mnm1983
    Options
    I always feel like the fat me no matter how much I've lost. I am hoping eventually this feeling will go away.

Im right there with you on that one...I do feel sexier tho thats for sure.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I think I realize I am slimmer, my pants that were tight last summer are super loose.
    But after all this counting calories and exercising and seeing everyones great results. I dont feel like I want to settle for average anymore, and I have become MORE critical of my body/self-image. So instead of being satisfied with a curvy figure, I now want abs sooo badly. Which might be a difficult goal for me to achieve since I have never in my life been that fit.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I know I'm smaller but on some days I don't feel smaller or I think "maybe they changed all the sizes and I'm really the same size just the number on the clothes is different!" I look at pictures now and I don't think I look that different. I've gone from a size 10/12 to a size 4 and logically I know I'm smaller but I don't "feel" smaller. Maybe looking at before and after pictures side by side will help with this "syndrome"?
  • robinf4232
    robinf4232 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I really don't know what size I am.:smile:
  • EricaCarmack
    Options
    i'm always going to see myself as chubby.. like right now- i have worked out like crazy and when i look in the mirror i swear i have gained 20 pounds in the last hour..
    it is just something you have to ignore
  • Mnm1983
    Options
    i'm always going to see myself as chubby.. like right now- i have worked out like crazy and when i look in the mirror i swear i have gained 20 pounds in the last hour..
    it is just something you have to ignore

I know what you mean....If skip a day from the gym ...I feel like put on like 10 pounds! Its so hard to not be hard on ones self.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally. I hear weight loss commercials and automatically think "oh, I wonder if that would work for me?!?!?" before I slap myself upside the head and remember I don't need to lose that much weight! It's always a shock to unexpectedly catch sight of myself in a mirror and think "she looks good" then realize it's me. Don't know when or if my brain will EVER catch up! I also agree with the poster about being more critical about my body. It used to be how I looked in clothes and now I'm more critical than ever about myself naked. Luckily my husband isn't!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    In my early 20s I did some modeling work, just because I was in college and needed money. These girls I was working with were thin thin thin..and they thought they were chubby. What i heard all day was " im not wearing that, its gonna make me look fat". i couldnt stand it.

Sometimes its easier to get thin in your body than your mind. Love yourself the way you are. Never stop trying to improve, but love all the changes.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It's an adjustment for sure. I was overweight by the end of junior high and kept gaining till the year after I graduated from high school. Even though I went from being the largest of my friends to the smallest in our group, I still saw myself as the dumpy one. It takes time, but really look at the progress you have made. When your friends compliment you, they mean it.. try and see what they see.