Just Joined January 24, 2010

Options
Hi everybody,
I just found this website and I hope to get some inspiration from you as well as share my success with you. Now I just need to figure out how to post the weight ticker! Got it--will update on Tuesday, January 26th after I weigh in.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    I just found this website and I hope to get some inspiration from you as well as share my success with you. Now I just need to figure out how to post the weight ticker!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Looks like you figured out the ticker! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Yes, welcome to the best thing I have ever tried. :flowerforyou: I've been fighting weight loss and eating right for many years and have found this site so great in helping me in the right direction. As BrenNew mentioned - I agree, this site makes it easy to enter your foods first before you make your eating decisions or the day to see where it all comes together. I do, then write them down and hang the list on the fridge so that I know what I need from the store or what I'm going to grab out for my next meal and can enjoy comfortably knowing it fits in my program. Then I go back in and enter the actual amounts that I ate and have been very happy with my results. I was never able to keep things in focus as easily as here on this site. :blushing: I'm sure you will find the support and the tools here wonderful.
  • FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    BrenNew and drvvork
    Wow--what a fast reply! Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. I plan to go to the gym this morning for strength training and some cardio. My meals are a no brainer because I am using a meal prepartion service for simplicity and enable me to eat the correct amount of food without thinking.

Congratulations to both of you on your weight loss!! Way to go!

I am excited to hear from such supportive people. I tried to get two friends to join me in my journey but they aren't ready. I am sure they will take charge when they are ready. It's a mental thing--I know because I delayed my journey for several months, but now I am ready.
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :happy: Hi - I'm also a "just Joined" .
    Started yesterday and am ever hopeful that I can use this site to help me keep in the clothes I've just bought for a cruise in August!! Must lose 15lb from my 11st to start with! to keep the posh frocks looking good. Ideally I'd like to get to my ideal weightfor my height/age - 5ft and nearly 60 - but that would mean buying a whole new wardrobe - bank balance won't like that!! So ... I'm being optimistic. The excercise bike's been brought in from the garden room and I must get on it again! I must be honest and put down all that I eat/ plan to eat so... glad to be aboard and be in good company!!