FAT GIRL PROBLEM!!! HELP!!!READ THIS NOW!!!

Options
i am a big girl and i am a little over 300 pounds. im stating my weight because i plan to change it. BUT because of my weight, i have ALOT of calories to eat....2,400 calories to be exact.i learned quickly that my problem is that i dont eat enough for my weight class. idk what an appropreate calorie count for any of my meals would be. i only know skinny people calorie counting. can someone PLEASE, PLEASE help me with recipies or food suggestions so that i can be better and begin my weight loss journey? i will be forever greatful and send you kisses from north texas!!!

Replies

• Jacqadactle
    Jacqadactle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would try 6 meals a day with about 400 calories each. Use a complex carb, like fruits and veggies and whole grains, and a lean protein like eggs, chicken or tofu with every meal. Check out eatcleandiet.com for some awesome healthy recipes. I use a combination of myfitnesspal and that, and get awesome results!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I came in here expecting you to ask wheres the caps lock
  • purpleelephand2011
    purpleelephand2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thank you so much! God bless!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was thinking she had problems with a bunch of larger girls .. ... Whew.. glad she is safe and just asking a normal question .
  • suckerlove
    suckerlove Posts: 198
    Options
    I started out at 285 lbs 4 1/2 months ago and I had the same problem, too many calories need to hit my "target" amount. To bulk up the calories, I had a lot of complex carbs and fruit. I am now down to 245 and at 1200 cal a day, and still find it hard to hit that. You are going to do great!! I make almost all of my delicious meals using skinnytaste.com recipes and the best part is that MFP has pretty much all of the meals found there already programmed in so you don't have to add every ingredient. Good luck!
  • LipSmackingFun
    LipSmackingFun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, why are your calories so high? What do you mean "you don't eat enough for your weight class?" Did you calculate how many calories you are to eat to meet your goal weight?

These are some of the questions you need to ask yourself. But please, don't overwelm yourself or you might get discourage. Take baby steps. Start with how much you would like to weigh, calculate your calories to meet that goal weight, then look at what types of foods you can eat to meet that goal and maintain.

Good luck and God bless.
  • purpleelephand2011
    Options
    @lipsmacking when i put in my weight, that was the calorie ammount i was given because im so heavy. i will eventually work my way down to 1200 calories but this was the calorie count i was given.
    @suckerlove thanks!
  • angellycakes
    angellycakes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Put more fat in your diet! fatis calorie dense and will keep you fuller longer! I started at 320lbs. and am now at 268lbs. without calorie counting at all :) but it has to be HEALTHY fats. Coconut oil, butter if need be. This works cause I cut out sugar, grains and refined carbs though. But you can do it one step at a time. When you start eating more fat instead of being scared of it, the cravings completely go away. I eat things I want as a treat but don't ever feel the need to binge or feel out of control. You can be my friend and check out my diary if you want to see how I eat.

I follow this eating plan & HIGHLY recommend it as the healthiest way to eat and combat all kinds of diseases. Check the success stories, incredible.

www.MarksDailyApple.com - it's a blog :) Good luck!! As a former member of the 300+ club, I know the feeling girl. Only way to go is down ;)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm back to MFP after 6 months on Medi-Weightloss and becoming bored of their food choices but while on their plan (high protein, low carb, low fat, low calorie) I started at 262 lbs (5'2") and was allowed to eat 600-700 calories/day of protein with 1 serving of fruit, 1 serving of vegetables and a "healthy fat" (i.e. 1 tsp olive oil, 12 almonds, 1 Tbsp natural PB, etc). I am now 205 lbs (since February 10th, 2012). I wouldn't recommend eating this type of diet (<1000 calories/day) for long or without medical supervision of some kind but I now firmly believe that many weight loss sites/programs overestimate how many calories should be eaten each day in order to avoid any potential liability. 2400 calories/day is a lot even at 300 lbs unless you're looking to lose very slowly. But that's JMO and if I were you I would personally talk to your primary care doctor and ask if an analysis can be done to determine the exact number of calories your body will need each day to maintain its current weight then adjust your daily intake from there with your physician's help. There are actually scales that will tell you this number also... Tanita is one of the brands I believe.
  • purpleelephand2011
    Options
    okay thanks
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Mine was also about that when I started, I ate around 1600-1800 most days and have lost 48lbs since February 9th. Although I didnt make my intake I was eating regularly, did not feel hungry and had plenty of energy. Make sure you track everything, and fit in all your snacks etc, If I could see that I was going to be very low, then I added a little treat. Good luck with your journer
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When she finds it, then maybe she can guide you to the apostrophe key.
  • jconnolly528
    Options

Bwahahahaha
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/

check in often, they put new stuff on at least once per week
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @lipsmacking when i put in my weight, that was the calorie ammount i was given because im so heavy. i will eventually work my way down to 1200 calories but this was the calorie count i was given.
    @suckerlove thanks!

Why would you want to eat 1200 calories when you can eat more and still lose weight? I am currently 222 and eat around 2100 calories per day and lose an average of 1-2 pounds per week?
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options

HA!
  • purpleelephand2011
    Options
    i just started on this website 6 days ago so i havent had a chance to really loos any real weight.lol i just want info now before i ged discouraged from no weight loss
  • erieli04
    erieli04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started in the high 300's and am now in the low 300's. I try to stick to about 1500-1600 a day. MFP says my daily calorie intake should be around 1750 for my height/weight but I feel satisfied on 1500-1600 and have been consistently losing by doing that.
  • LaShonda2
    LaShonda2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started off at the weight the first time dnt think to hard at. Watch wat u intake check carbs, fat, sug. things like that. Start likeby eat whole wheat noodles instead of regular pasta noodles. Add more veggies and fruit for snacks during the day and u will be fine.. I just started this i have some weight to lose and i can help as much as possible. Feel free to add me.. Ill help u along the way! :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I think you are very smart to gather all the info you can possibly get at this stage, BEFORE you begin to go down a frustrating rabbit hole! Good for you for making a serious start!

I would do things like peanut butter/other nuts/nut butters, avocado, real butter, full fat cheeses...in moderation all of these fats are very good for you, and will help bulk up your calories and fill you up in a healthy way. Also switch to whole grains breads/pastas and brown rice, if you haven't already. These are much more filling than the regular kind. I don't think you need to hit an exact number, start making changes and listen to your body...

Good luck!! :) You are a super star! :flowerforyou: