Srength training routine... Please read

Options
I KNOW this question has been asked many times before, but I figured I would try 1 more time. Does anybody have any strength training routines that a 5'7" 18 yr. old female 136 pounds, could do to tone up. All I have access to is 8 lb. hand weights. I cannot get any books or anything (Rather not go into the reason why...). Any ideas? Please help, I really want to get toned, but have no idea how or how to start.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Do you have an iPhone or iPod touch? Download the Nike Training Club app - it's free and is full of great workouts from 15 to 45 minutes, and uses weights.

If not, Google or search here for free online workouts - I see people post links and titles to free online stuff all the time.

Good luck!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You on the computer in the prison library? I guess if you basically have and can not get any solid substance in order to help, you could look up you are your own gym.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I was just learning how to strength train, my friend gave me this little routine for my upper body. I'm not sure how strong you are, but when I first began I used five lb weights because I was a wuss. Routine was as follows:

3 sets of bicep curls, 15 reps
    3 sets of tricepts extensions, 15 reps
    3 sets of lateral side raises, 15 reps
    3 sets of front raises, 15 reps
    3 sets of shoulder presses, 15 reps
    3 sets of upright rowing, 15 reps
    3 sets of chess presses, 15 reps
    3 sets of chest flys, 15 reps
    3 sets of bent over rows, 15 reps

Basically I would do as much as I could without throwing up, twice a week. Some days I could only do two sets, ten reps. If you need descriptions of these exercises, go to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weight_training_exercises#Upper_body.
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Why not start using your body weight? Wall sits, reverse lunges, push ups, planks, etc. The dumbells will be good until your body only becomes conditioned and needs more to continue further.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    You can start doing body weight exercises, like pushups, planks, etc. There are a variety of different pushups to learn and do.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The prison library (LOL!) seems to have internet access so I'm assuming you can get youtube? Look up "Zuska Light" on youtube and do one of her workouts 5-6 times per week. They are short (usually 20 mins or less) and will get you where you want to go with buying equipment.

Also, see if you can use something sharp to whittle the 8 lb hand weights into the shape of a pistol, and so if you can overtake one of the guards and crawl to freedom thru the drainage pipes.

edited to add: an actual link to one of the workouts I'm talking about, because I was 18 once and remember what it was like

http://youtu.be/oR9cJkoAm48
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Go to WeightTraining.com and look up any of the free plans that are available.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Also, see if you can use something sharp to whittle the 8 lb hand weights into the shape of a pistol, and so if you can overtake one of the guards and crawl to freedom thru the drainage pipes.

haha very funny...:tongue: what I mean is that my folks (yes, I still live with them...) Are very stick and don't allow ANYTHING into the house without them looking at it first. And they already think I shouldn't be doing this... I don't know why... probably jealous I am finally doing something about my health!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump